Kansas USA to Buenos Aires early 2023

In the immortal words of Kurt Vonnegut Jr, welcome to the monkey house. I hope you find happiness here. I have.

Thank you so much. I am so excited about the prospect of living in BA, for many reasons. Estoy muy emocionado.

"$1000 barrio" means you can expect to pay $1000 per month to rent an apartment in a desirable neighborhood, as you will be "restricted" to temporary furnished rentals of three months (possiby six) at a time as opposed to long term unfurnished rentals of two or three years.

I am not certain about the current legal time limits for either.

You may not have heard about the need to provide a "garantia" to secure a long term rental.

This can be done by using another (local) property as collateral or buying a "garantina" from a bank.

The garantia from a bank requires two sources of income and I am not sure if foreign income woud be accepted as one of them, even though migraciones grants teemporary residency based on foreign income.

Long term leases always include provisions for rent increases.

Here is a list of threads that deal with the guarantia:

Yes, Mexican landlords (dueños) usually require a garantia as well. I found one who waived that requirement due to my American citizenship and USD income, but I certainly don’t expect to be that lucky everywhere in Latin America. Thank you kindly for the advice and information.

Jeffrey

Back