Kicillof For President?

At the time Menem took power, that was where the opportunities were, and he took them. The opportunities were a bit different when the Kirchners came to power, and they took those. Peronism has an enduring rhetoric of nacionalismo barato, but it has no principle other than opportunism.

so that is the only pattern you see between two governments, with Peronismo and Menemismo? that they saw an opportunity to get to power? soemhow I thought you were a little more intelligent.
What I do, if I want to compare governments, is analyse the policies, thier economic policies, what they did during the 10 years or whatever they lasted in government. How they did it, via which actors, who they beneffited, who they perjudiced, what they did, what that means, context, international context, and of course, more importantly, the results. Like full employment level is the other direction than 25% unemployment level, like nationalising is the opposite of privatising, etc.

The only pattern I find beetween Menem and Peron is their demagogia, which Menem stopped once he took power. The nacionalismo barato, as you call it, sadly, is the only nacionalismo, is the only national project of a country, the only project of industry, the only project in the long term, and if you study a little it was almost the same project of the other democratical party along the XXth century. Other projects like UCD PRO or the militars, are only a Banana Republic project as Macri said last week (see? you can still find US ass kissers politicians for a Banana Republic)

so that is the only pattern you see between two governments, with Peronismo and Menemismo? that they saw an opportunity to get to power? soemhow I thought you were a little more intelligent.
What I do, if I want to compare governments, is analyse the policies, thier economic policies, what they did during the 10 years or whatever they lasted in government. How they did it, via which actors, who they beneffited, who they perjudiced, what they did, what that means, context, international context, and of course, more importantly, the results. Like full employment level is the other direction than 25% unemployment level, like nationalising is the opposite of privatising, etc.

The only pattern I find beetween Menem and Peron is their demagogia, which Menem stopped once he took power. The nacionalismo barato, as you call it, sadly, is the only nacionalismo, is the only national project of a country, the only project of industry, the only project in the long term, and if you study a little it was almost the same project of the other democratical party along the XXth century. Other projects like UCD PRO or the militars, are only a Banana Republic project as Macri said last week (see? you can still find US ass kissers politicians for a Banana Republic)

In the immortal words of Deep Throat, http://tinyurl.com/pf3kvrh

In reality, the Kirchners were Menemistas before they weren't. When it was no longer to their advantage, Chau, Carlitos.

I think Argentina needs to go from being an ineptocracy to a semi-technocracy for a few years at least.

My proposal would be:

President: Frau Merkel
Economy Minister: Mark Carrney (Former Bank of Canada and current Bank of England Chair)
Cabinet Chief: David Axelrod
Minister of Foreign Relations/Chancellor: Jon Hunstman
Minister of Economics: Thomas Piketty

It's not the dream team, but I think these people could all help Argentina sort it's stuff out.

How can you honestly run a country where it defaults and then have the President, Chief Minister and official press
say "We didn't default". If I say I'm rich does it make it so?

My brother, who has extensive corporate experience in the UK, has offered his services as CEO of Argentina Inc and insists on bringing his own team of rottweilers.

I think Argentina needs to go from being an ineptocracy to a semi-technocracy for a few years at least.

My proposal would be:

President: Frau Merkel
Economy Minister: Mark Carrney (Former Bank of Canada and current Bank of England Chair)
Cabinet Chief: David Axelrod
Minister of Foreign Relations/Chancellor: Jon Hunstman
Minister of Economics: Thomas Piketty

It's not the dream team, but I think these people could all help Argentina sort it's stuff out.

How can you honestly run a country where it defaults and then have the President, Chief Minister and official press
say "We didn't default". If I say I'm rich does it make it so?

I think we should stick to the Constitution and elect argentine people to govern us.

I think we should stick to the Constitution and elect argentine people to govern us.

My god, we're in agreement.

I wonder what the solution proposed by those named in this inane list would have been? I'm all ears?

I don't like this government, but it's very easy to be dismissive where a constructive suggestion would be harder to come by.

I once played a chess master 5 games. He won the first 4 games quickly. At the beginning of the 5th game he took out a sheet of paper, made some notes, then put it away. We started playing. He beat me in 10 moves. He then took out the paper and on it he had accurately predicted every move I was going to make.

If we think that all the noise, drama, and posturing around the "Vulture Funds" is about the vulture funds I think we are mistaken.

Kicillof is a smart guy and obviously knows how to play political chess.

Just my .02

What do you think?
I am willing to bet 5 cents against your 2,000 dollars that you are wrong.

Fine, award them citizenship. Honestly, this sounds terrible, but you guys have 2 possible
hopes for a better future:

1) Stop electing thieves/inept leaders
2) Stop electing Argentines

I'm almost at the point where I think in Argentina the two are not mutually exclusive.

Sometimes when a situation is so messed up internally, on any level, personal, family, a business, etc.
you need to look to outside help.

The United States congress is inept, but that's just one body, not like Argentina where it's AFIP/Aduana,
Congress, The Presidency, The Central Bank, etc.

I really hope whoever it is in 2015 that they're at least slightly bettter than the Kirchner parasites, Argentina
and Argentines deserve it.

Back