Korean Food, Anyone? Sat, 6 Sep - Baexpat Lunch

So, I've got two RSVPs for next Saturday. Lacoqueta, is that an RSVP from you? Lucha54, we can shoot for noon, but that's the best I can say.

Preliminary details:

The previous time we went, we met at Starbucks Alto Palermo patio (no purchase necessary, for you coffee imperialists) and headed there together via subte D, then subte E. Meeting at the restaurant is not recommended unless you are going there by car or you are okay with plans changing to a different venue from originally planned at the very last minute and having to text message with me to find us (just in case the venue is closed or closed to us) AND you are familiar with these restaurants and barrio Flores. Again, I don't recommend this as I will not be messaging you until we are at the destination, period.

Travel time via subte is the same as the combo bus rides from Alto Palermo, approx 1 hour, so if we are shooting for lunch at noon, we should meet between 10:30-10:45.

I take it you're going to the other Koreatown down Floresta way then, sorry, you can fairly safely ignore everything I said (actually, good advice in general)- never had trouble down there.

Yikes had no idea it was so complicated. I'm not enamored of the hours travel. Last time I went to a Korean restaurant I just took a taxi and it didn't take near that long. Plus adding on getting to alto Palermo! Would anyone else be interested in sharing a Remise to get there? He's only a bit more than a taxi and would take us to a different place and wait with us until he was sure we'd made our connection....without charging anything extra. His charges are only from the two longest points. Nothing extra for waiting or false starts or other pickups. We could also arrange a return that way. Anyone interested?

Oopsies... Corrected that...meant to type Subte D to Subte E, to Chacabuco Park (Estación Medalla Milagrosa), then Carabobo to Balbastro. You were right about the restaurants in this area, Pauper.

Nice idea, Lacoqueta, about the remis option. We should probably give a deadline for anyone to take you up on this option. Depending on the size of our group and if anyone doesn't take the subte, I'd be up for that.

Anyone RSVP-ing should say how many are coming with you, your preferred travel means, and your barrio. We could maybe set up other meeting spots so no one is traveling alone. Please respond by Thursday, Sept 4, 8pm with your RSVPs. Thanks!

Anymore takers on this outing for next Saturday?

Sorry I'm going tomorrow instead :huh: but I'll let you know how it goes!

Any other RSVPs for this lunch on Saturday?

Hi, was wondering if this is still on?....I have some out of town visitors inviting me to do stuff Saturday so I could go either way...what I do know is can't do the Subte thing....and heed to make plans before Thursday night. How's it looking?

Hybrid-san would be considered acceptable imitation spare-ribs.

Joe Now that your IG thread was blocked !!! September came and no news?? response must be sub-rosa

Back