Kosher apts (+ food)

Thanks. We couldn't seem to get through to anyone who knew anything at San Luis Apartments, if anyone happens to have a working phone number for them, please PM me.

I should be there this afternoon, I'll try and stop by and get a number.

Argentina Only City in the Entire World with a Kosher MacDonald's? yes in the Abasto Mall.. An Amateur Video a reality show filmed by a unique presenter Howard. Enjoy..!

Last edited:
Just incase the kosher options are inconvenient and assuming your guest(s) will be here some time, why not consider renting an Airbnb and just kasher the kitchen and use disposables? If help is needed with this the local Chabad community or similar might be able to provide such a service upon arrival. Might be more comfortable for preparing one's own food if having an extended stay and also could open up nicer or convenient areas out of the center to stay like Palermo / Belgrano depending on where they need / want to be.
Given the limitations at the moment affecting tourism and hotels, perhaps it is a good time for find a good Airbnb deal.

Just incase the kosher options are inconvenient and assuming your guest(s) will be here some time, why not consider renting an Airbnb and just kasher the kitchen and use disposables? If help is needed with this the local Chabad community or similar might be able to provide such a service upon arrival. Might be more comfortable for preparing one's own food if having an extended stay and also could open up nicer or convenient areas out of the center to stay like Palermo / Belgrano depending on where they need / want to be.
Given the limitations at the moment affecting tourism and hotels, perhaps it is a good time for find a good Airbnb deal.

1. Wow that’s quite a thread bump!
  2. Not everyone is up to kashering a kitchen.
  3. I remember looking for people to kasher someone’s kitchen in BsAs a couple years back.
    I found someone in the end but it was not a 5-minute call and done.
  4. Kitchen not the only issue. Issues with electric locks, lights/sensors and other stuff. “Kosher” hotels tend to have this all figured out.

3. I remember looking for people to kasher someone’s kitchen in BsAs a couple years back.
  4. Kitchen not the only issue. Issues with electric locks, lights/sensors and other stuff. “Kosher” hotels tend to have this all figured out.

Kosher buildings have elevators that stop on ever every floor? Some do not operate after dusk ?

Elevators is a whole can of worms that I am not about to open. Just not going there.
At any rate, that is not a necessity, as simply requesting a low floor solves that particular problem.

Hotels are closed in Buenos Aires. If someone is so fastidious about keeping kosher then they will not find an appropriate apartment unless they walk down Ave San Luis and start asking people on the street. That is the only way they might find an apartment that ONLY rents to very religious Jews. It might exist.

Hotels are closed in Buenos Aires. If someone is so fastidious about keeping kosher then they will not find an appropriate apartment unless they walk down Ave San Luis and start asking people on the street. That is the only way they might find an apartment that ONLY rents to very religious Jews. It might exist.

At least they know now where to find a Kosher Burger...

Ha! Have not been checking the forum for a few days and just realized the dates of the original thread ... thought someone was looking for somewhere these days, which is complicated enough without adding the kashrut factor!!

Where did you find the person to kasher? Perhaps could be a useful reference or service for AirBnB hosts on here in the future? (Obviously there is more to being shabbos friendly than the kitchen, but with AirBnb one can always ask a host about the specs or filter by amenities first.)

Back