Lan Airlines Won't Give Refunds On Refundable Tickets

Joe, you definitely need to take this issue to defensa al consumidor with all your paperwork. Defensa al consumidor would slap a huge fine on LAN when they see that they are not going to give the refund. If you take the case to defensa al consumidor, then the jerks will pay attention to you because if not they could get slapped with a 100,000 peso fine. But nothing will happen until you do that.
Good idea Tex, If I can get a $100K fine on LAN it will make the whole struggle worth while. I'm going to the LAN office tomorrow and if they stonewall me - probably just redirect me to the non functional refund web page - I will ask for directions to the Defensa de Consumidor office. I wonder if the Defensa de Consumidor will take a case from a non-resident, i.e. a tourist?

In my experience any claim that is ignored by CS, gets more attention if posted on their social networks. Please post a link to your FB comment to like it and comment on it too ;)

Good idea Tex, If I can get a $100K fine on LAN it will make the whole struggle worth while. I'm going to the LAN office tomorrow and if they stonewall me - probably just redirect me to the non functional refund web page - I will ask for directions to the Defensa de Consumidor office. I wonder if the Defensa de Consumidor will take a case from a non-resident, i.e. a tourist?

If they won't, you simply take the issue to AeroCámpora, which will put you in touch with their contacts at Página 12.

In my experience any claim that is ignored by CS, gets more attention if posted on their social networks. Please post a link to your FB comment to like it and comment on it too ;)
I did post on their FB page but I deleted it. I got some complaints since it is a Spanish page and I posted in English. I will post the following courtesy of Google translate. Critiques welcomed!

Compré un billete totalmente reembolsable de la oficina de LAN Airline en el aeropuerto de Guayaquil, Ecuador el 05 de diciembre 2013. El billete de avión es para un vuelo el 15 de febrero de 2014. Cancelé el billete y pedí un reembolso 26 de diciembre 2013. Cuando compré el billete pedí un billete totalmente reembolsable. Cancelé el vuelo más de un mes antes de la fecha del vuelo. En varias ocasiones he tratado de conseguir un reembolso de LAN. En primer lugar en su oficina de ventas en Buenos Aires, en segundo lugar a través de su sistema de reembolso en línea y tercero de llamar repetidamente su centro de llamadas pidiendo mi reembolso. Llamé a seis veces. Muchas veces me dan la historia que desde el boleto fue comprado en Ecuador y estoy actualmente en Argentina, que están teniendo dificultades para emitir el reembolso. Nunca he tenido problemas para conseguir un reembolso de tarjeta de crédito antes - por lo general se hace en menos de un minuto. Cuando me llamó en enero, dijeron que el reembolso se había publicado ... de marzo y todavía estoy esperando.

I did post on their FB page but I deleted it. I got some complaints since it is a Spanish page and I posted in English. I will post the following courtesy of Google translate. Critiques welcomed!
If you PM me your message I can translate it just so you can repost it ;)

Joe, you have to post it on your FB page, not theirs!

You have to keep public viewing on for that post.

they have scanners. They will reply to yr post very fast.

Or you can post a link to this thread on BAexpats (where hundreds of expats = frequent flyers contribute/read).

Or you can post a link to this thread on BAexpats (where hundreds of expats = frequent flyers contribute/read).

Not a good idea. Keep the post specific to your individual problem. Be selfish! do not try to be a messiah!

Joe, you have to post it on your FB page, not theirs!

You have to keep public viewing on for that post.

they have scanners. They will reply to yr post very fast.
OK I posted on my page: https://www.facebook.com/bmdailey

It's curious that I posted on LAN's page and they didn't remove it (I did). Frenchie even made a comment.

Back