Law Regarding Prepagas In Argentina

Not necessarily.

I have seen many people suing medical insurance companies in Buenos Aires and always winning. Court is very fast in announcing decisions and usually favors the common man against the medical insurance company.

You have SEEN MANY people suing....... and winning . That's good news... The wife of my next door neighbour's son in law is still waiting on a resolution and he mentions he has seen many similar cases... :cool:

There is no sense going to another provider if the rates are sky high. I have more than twenty years in the current plan, so charging double is clearly ILLEGAL. If another provider HAS to take me, why does the current one NOT HAVE to follow the law regarding how much they can charge? It's the Law that they can not do what they are doing!

The Public Health system.....you mean places like Hospital Fernandez? Anyone can go there, right? There is nothing to sign up for and nothing to pay. You just wait for hours and hours and take the care they give you. Is this what you mean? Of course it is a last resort but first it seems sensible to fight for one's rights.

Maybe Ceviche can suggest a lawyer to sue your Provider. By the time you get a resolution, next year? if succesful you may face 50 % COL adjustment at least... :rolleyes: According to INDEC.

Go to the Company in person to complain; make sure it hasn't been a "technical" mistake first. Mistakes against consumers are "typical" in Argentina.

You have SEEN MANY people suing....... and winning . That's good news... The wife of my next door neighbour's son in law is still waiting on a resolution and he mentions he has seen many similar cases... :cool:

Similar cases against health insurance companies?

Similar cases against health insurance companies?

Yes. Insurance companies dont mind paying for small treatments and one off surgeries. But when some bloke has cancer etc, they start making excuses as bills start piling up. The court protects the consumer and makes them pay up FAST!

Yes. Insurance companies dont mind paying for small treatments and one off surgeries. But when some bloke has cancer etc, they start making excuses as bills start piling up. The court protects the consumer and makes them pay up FAST!

Pretty scary in major health problems, Health Insurance companies avoid paying, when you need it the most..? :eek: :mad:

Pretty scary in major health problems, Health Insurance companies avoid paying, when you need it the most..? :eek: :mad:

All insurance companies do that.

I was recently in Asia. I have travel insurance with a British company. They gave me a very hard time trying to claim insurance.

At least here, the health insurance companies usually pay up. Its only when you become a chronic doctor goer, they start their tactics and where one needs a Judge's support.

This article may help: http://www.telam.com.ar/notas/201702/180170-salud-prepaga-jubilados.html

Then what do you suggest? The rate they are charging, in violation of the law, has doubled in one month. I simply can't afford it.

Is it literally double? And it is it literally from one month to the next? Is it at all possible that they did not receive your last month's payment until after they had already issued the bill?

(I ask because I just had my husband freaking out over our AySA bill, that it had doubled, blah blah blah, and yes, it resulted he had made the payment when the next month's factura had already been issued)....

Back