Law Regarding Prepagas In Argentina

Is it literally double? And it is it literally from one month to the next? Is it at all possible that they did not receive your last month's payment until after they had already issued the bill?

(I ask because I just had my husband freaking out over our AySA bill, that it had doubled, blah blah blah, and yes, it resulted he had made the payment when the next month's factura had already been issued)....

Yes 100% more. From one month to the next. The bill was paid on time as it has been for over two decades. Automatic debit. I have now cancelled the automatic debit as I cannot trust the company. I am waiting for the company to refund the money they owe me. They have said (orally) they will do so however no action yet. They have an email address for customer service but they do not answer email. No doubt afraid of lawsuits if they put it in writing that they overcharged based on age in clear violation of the law. Keep in mind, this is a major high prestige company. Very upsetting. Very disappointing.

How fluent are you in Spanish? Have you gone to the offices and talked to them? Did you clarify why the increase and verify it wasn't some kind of error (i.e., payment from previous month not received by time bill was issued or accidental double billing, etc)? What was their explanation if you went?

How fluent are you in Spanish? Have you gone to the offices and talked to them? Did you clarify why the increase and verify it wasn't some kind of error (i.e., payment from previous month not received by time bill was issued or accidental double billing, etc)? What was their explanation if you went?

The issue is as I have explained: They violated the law by charging double the month I turned the age at which they used to be permitted to increase rates. In person they admit their "mistake" but of course they aren't going to admit to corruption. At the office they have promised to refund to my credit card the money they overcharged. I am still waiting. They will not answer email though they have a special email address for customer service. They aren't going to acknowledge violating the law in writing for fear of giving me further evidence for a lawsuit. Right now I am waiting to see if they refumd the money. If not I will have to take legal action.

The issue is as I have explained: They violated the law by charging double the month I turned the age at which they used to be permitted to increase rates. In person they admit their "mistake" but of course they aren't going to admit to corruption. At the office they have promised to refund to my credit card the money they overcharged. I am still waiting. They will not answer email though they have a special email address for customer service. They aren't going to acknowledge violating the law in writing for fear of giving me further evidence for a lawsuit. Right now I am waiting to see if they refumd the money. If not I will have to take legal action.

Presumably you weren't the only subscriber that got this increase at age 65..? There may be a class action suit?

Presumably you weren't the only subscriber that got this increase at age 65..? There may be a class action suit?

They have just refunded the overcharge. It came after a lot of fighting, submitting letters of complaint, emails, phone calls, personal visits and threats of legal action. Needless to say it has been very stressful.

They may do this to everyone who hits retirement age. Some people may not know that they are being overcharged and keep on paying. In my case I put up a fight. There is no way that they can't know about a major law passed years ago that seriously impacts the health insurance industry.

It is my understanding that during the CFK administration Congress passed a law that prohibited health insurance companies from increasing (other than normal COL increases which affect everyone) health plans for people 66+
Is this correct?

Yes, so, what they do is a full fee that is deducted by age.
However, the good news is that there is another law that establishes that there are no limits in what they cover.

Yes, so, what they do is a full fee that is deducted by age.
However, the good news is that there is another law that establishes that there are no limits in what they cover.

I don't know what this means but the LAW does NOT permit doubling the price at retirement age. They can ONLY charge the normal increases they charge to everyone. WHat happened to me was illegal. They refunded the overcharge after I filed complaints and made a major issue of it.

Back