Leaving America Documentary

jaredwb

Registered
Hi All, just wanted to give a quick update on the Leaving America Documentary that so many of you bashed (with no reason) as a crazy, leftist, Michael Moore type film.

Today I had the privilege of sitting in the interview chair and talk about my experience living abroad, my life back in the U.S., some comparisons between Argentina v USA, Education, style of living, what I like/don't like, etc.

It was a fantastic interview and not even a hint of any "agenda". Just a serious sit-down and chat about an ex-pat living abroad and my experiences.

So, for all of you that were insulting to the Director and the idea with NOTHING to base your arrogant comments on...suck it!

Well, I am glad the Director has found the type he was looking for then.

suck it? lol. what are you? 12? next time do a doc on "leaving puberty"
edit: for clarity was laughing at "Suck it" comment, not at doc itself.

I'm thinking that perhaps there could be a sister film as well. It wouldn't take much effort to find people to film a "Leaving Argentina" documentary about expats and locals jumping ship.

The could be the first two films in the "The Grass Is Always Greener" series that could be put in a time capsule and shot into space before 12/12/12.

I wonder if the UN would put in a little cash to help produce the thing...

Sounds like an interesting project. Where can we see the finished version?

I'm a grown-up and thought your "suck it" was well-deployed.

El_Jameso said:
Sounds like an interesting project. Where can we see the finished version?

I'm a grown-up and thought your "suck it" was well-deployed.

Thanks!!

I think the finished project will be really interesting to watch. I know they had a diverse group of people, backgrounds, etc. It's more of a positive look into successes that American's have had abroad, what drove those successes, and how they have adapted to living outside of the U.S.

I was the first interview so they just started filming. As the finished product comes up, I'll make sure to put it up :)

jaredwb said:
Thanks!!

I think the finished project will be really interesting to watch. I know they had a diverse group of people, backgrounds, etc. It's more of a positive look into successes that American's have had abroad, what drove those successes, and how they have adapted to living outside of the U.S.

I was the first interview so they just started filming. As the finished product comes up, I'll make sure to put it up :)

but i think more than anything the film is about WHY are people leaving america. i.e. what's wrong with the country today that people are leaving. some are literally giving up their passports. here's an interesting article:

Why More U.S. Expatriates Are Turning In Their Passports
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983238,00.html

redrum said:
but i think more than anything the film is about WHY are people leaving america. i.e. what's wrong with the country today that people are leaving. some are literally giving up their passports. here's an interesting article:

Why More U.S. Expatriates Are Turning In Their Passports
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983238,00.html

"According to government records, 502 expatriates renounced U.S. citizenship or permanent residency in the fourth quarter of 2009 — more than double the number of expatriations in all of 2008."

More than double!!! Shocking! Breaking news! :rolleyes:

Let's say it doubled again in 2010. That's a whopping 0.0003% of the population. WOW. The title of the article makes it seems as if people are renouncing their citizenship in droves. That's not the case.

If you want to do it now, it will cost you $450.00.

Just was wondering about this project and decided to BUMP it to see if anyone's heard about the release date.

If the filming had continued down here for the last 16 months, the story lines might have changed. Documentaries often do that. The director/producers go in with an agenda/story idea and then what they come out with is completely different.

Back