Lebanese Woman Looking For Expat/locals To Enjoy Baires

After reading more of this thread, I've realized that I'd be best reintroduced through food. :p It's been a long time since I tried kibbeh, are you familiar with that? My grandfather used to eat it with raw lamb. That's a bit extreme for me but maybe we could try the cooked version. I met a chef here (through this forum actually) that makes delicious Mediterranean food and knows where to get all the ingredients. She hosted a class where we made some amazing falafel, tabouleh, and hummus. we could possibly organize something with her for a welcome party.

Of course I love kibbeh! Actually this sounds amazing , a welcome party for someone u don't know haha I love it , as for the food are you a good cook? You seem pretty immersed in food photos and thoughts..

And I cannot emphasize enough how lucky you are for it, having witnessed the possible alternatives.

Yeah, I know the country has seen its better days.

Of course I love kibbeh! Actually this sounds amazing , a welcome party for someone u don't know haha I love it , as for the food are you a good cook? You seem pretty immersed in food photos and thoughts..

Am I a good cook? Depends on who you're asking, and how hungry they are. :p I'd probably need some help with stuff like kibbeh.

Hi Samra,

Welcome to Buenos Aires! A cooking welcome party sounds like a great idea. I agree with the other posters that we should capitalize on native levantine culinary knowledge. To that end - there's a tahini shortage in Buenos Aires - and what's to be found is of extremely low quality. Have you ever made it yourself? I've seen recipes for just roasting sesame seeds in an iron skillet or oven, and then blending with olive oil.

I would like to try a little bit of za atar, if possible.

And I will be happy to help you with some tips or advice, I have a lebanese friend so I know you will feel comfortable in Buenos Aires.

tehy look delicious! How do you prepare them personally? Aside from the quick pan frying?
Matt84, if you behaves well, I might invite you to come over to the Japanese Inn in San Telmo
then will show you how to prepare and cook.

Hi Samra,

Welcome to Buenos Aires! A cooking welcome party sounds like a great idea. I agree with the other posters that we should capitalize on native levantine culinary knowledge. To that end - there's a tahini shortage in Buenos Aires - and what's to be found is of extremely low quality. Have you ever made it yourself? I've seen recipes for just roasting sesame seeds in an iron skillet or oven, and then blending with olive oil.

I could actually bring some when I'm coming!!! Aren't there any good arabic stores?

I would like to try a little bit of za atar, if possible.

And I will be happy to help you with some tips or advice, I have a lebanese friend so I know you will feel comfortable in Buenos Aires.

Thank you Roxana! I'd love to meet the Lebanese friend! And I could get you some zaatar too!

I think this Levantine cooking party must happen!!

I could actually bring some when I'm coming!!! Aren't there any good arabic stores?

Thank you Roxana! I'd love to meet the Lebanese friend! And I could get you some zaatar too!

I think this Levantine cooking party must happen!!

Im in! For the cooking party and for hangouts when you get here. I finally made my mom's tomato kibbee recipe today and it was a hit :)

Im in! For the cooking party and for hangouts when you get here. I finally made my mom's tomato kibbee recipe today and it was a hit :)

You got it! So you'll be in charge of making the kibbeh for the welcome party haha

Hi Everyone:

I stumbled upon this post as I was doing some searching on BA. I am traveling to BA late December for my friend's wedding. I'm Lebanese from Detroit, MI; wouldn't mind taking part in any Arabic food gathering :) I fly in Christmas Day; is anything even open that day?

Back