Let's have a (TEA) Party

ANECDOTALLY speaking, as Deeve said, I've met few fellow conservatives in my travels. However, I attribute this to conservatives often being people that have, you know, jobs and responsibilities at home. I've found that among the younger set at least most people with the luxury of being able to travel at length are students and the like, living off grants or government loans.

Reactions: ben
Or those who have simply realised that one car and/or one TV a household is as much a guarantee of happiness as 2 or 3. ;)

ben said:
In my defense, the thread by and large - with your comment probably the biggest exception - was/is hardly an example of the acceptance that you say comes with travel.
True. But the OP's first post left himself open for that, you have to admit. ;)

If I make a comment heaping crap on someone - serious or even jokingly - then I would expect and be open to receiving the same. That is probably as good an example of acceptance as anything else, being able to laugh at yourself as well as others, no?

Plus, those US ultra-right religious types do no favours for run-of-the-mill US conservatives, do they...? And Sarah Palin, come on.... :eek:

deeve007 said:
Plus, those US ultra-right religious types do no favours for run-of-the-mill US conservatives, do they...? And Sarah Palin, come on.... :eek:
And soon, Rick Perry !!:eek: Better brush up on the bible studies !:p

deeve007 said:
True. But the OP's first post left himself open for that, you have to admit. ;)

I need not admit it, I made it clear that, to quote myself, "I do not at all identify with the style of the OP".

deeve007 said:
If I make a comment heaping crap on someone - serious or even jokingly - then I would expect and be open to receiving the same. That is probably as good an example of acceptance as anything else, being able to laugh at yourself as well as others, no?

Again, I'm not the OP, and personally do not expect a serious conversation to begin with an infantile insult. Then again, the stuff that crawled out of the woodwork in response, is stupidity of similar caliber, just a different team.

deeve007 said:

The most detestable thing about Sarah Palin is not her political positions, but rather that she has none. She simply does not have moral spine, she flip-flops at will, and appears and disappears as convenient. Same goes for Romney. It is a shame that at least in the US, with which I am familiar - the right does not have, at this point, any serious contenders of which I am aware. Contrast with Canada, which does.

Johnny said:
Better brush up on the bible studies !:p

Don't worry about the bible toting Christians. Be on the lookout for those carrying a copy of Atlas Shrugged.

Oh, never mind.

They're already gone.;)

On CNN's Situation Room Jack Caferty just asked (Re: Rick Perry): "Is another religious, conservative Republican governor from Texas the answer to our prayers?|

Even to this anti-theist he IS...compared to a "Christian" president who believes in "collective" salvation and all of the ethereal crap (aka: shared sacrifice) that goes with it.

Here is the link to Jack's blog: http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/

Back