liability insurance---photographers

seriously

Registered
Does anyone have any advice on getting personal liability insurance locally? I was asked to present liability insurance at a race track today. It is fairly inexpensive in the States ($600 per year, zero deductible, $1milion payout per bloody accident...unfortunately does not cover me abroad). Or, do you know if you could use something in tandem with ordinary travel insurance?

thanks

seriously said:
Does anyone have any advice on getting personal liability insurance locally? I was asked to present liability insurance at a race track today. It is fairly inexpensive in the States ($600 per year, zero deductible, $1milion payout per bloody accident...unfortunately does not cover me abroad). Or, do you know if you could use something in tandem with ordinary travel insurance?

thanks

Why would you be asked for liability insurance at a race track in Argentina?

I have a friend who is a photographer at the racetrack - I'll ask him if he has it and where he got it.

steveinbsas said:
Why would you be asked for liability insurance at a race track in Argentina?

To gain access to the pits and the racetrack (cars not horses), you have to show liability of at least $180.000 pesos. So if you get flattened by a speeding amateur driver, the autodrome won't go broke keeping you on life support.

You do not have to show liability insurance just to watch, as a spectator.

oooh - my friend is a photographer at a horse race track, not car. But regardless, I'll ask him anyway to see if he has it.

The race -track (if you mean horses) in Las Canitas..is government owned...so you have to deal with much bureaucracy. I tried...and was almost kicked out (if your camera even slightly faces the crowd)...
For a much nicer track...and super friendly people...go to San Isidero race track! One of the only green (grass) tracks in the world!
Took a bunch of studio style portraits of jockeys there... the head of publicity was more than helpful :)

citygirl said:
oooh - my friend is a photographer at a horse race track, not car. But regardless, I'll ask him anyway to see if he has it.

that is ok, I think it is the same basic coverage. i would really appreciate it!

You can go to La Caja and get one. They cost nothing and normally last for a minimum of 2 months.

It's as you said, so that they don't have to pay in case you have an accident. Check if they don't ask for a mandatory life insurance too.

saludos,

Ezequiel

Back