Life In Floripa > Life In Bsa

When you're trying to act petulant, nena, you should write in ALL CAPS.

Do not try to divert the attention of this topic. The person who is hysterical and childish is you and only you and yes I do not like your books !

Do not try to divert the attention of this topic. The person who is hysterical and childish is you and only you and yes I do not like your books !

How does a borderline illiterate like yourself judge books, nena?

I'm already planning my next visa run or getaway. It sounds like a lovely option. Does anyone know if it gets affected by the crowds that leave Buenos Aires for the summer?

Oh yes. Floripa is a lovely place in the summer but it does get crowded. For example, I have a terrible memory of 3 hours in a car just to leave a parking lot in the weekend of the new years eve (thats when it gets most crowded I guess, and carnival). There are beaches that are more calm i guess but its a very popular destination for brazilians that also have vacation jan and feb so at this time it can be more chaotic... If its for vacationa and relaxing and you dont need to be in a big city, there are other options in the area where youc an just forget the car and do everything walking and there is still some (not big) nightlife such as praia do rosa, guarda do embau... they are small and there is no cinema or any cultural life. Just avoid ferrugem cause that is almost an argentinian beach in january!!!

I'm now in the Brazilian city Florianopolis, only 2 hrs from aeroparque and wow ... what a city! Lot's of Argentineans and Europeans living here because it's cheaper than in SP, Rio or Fortaleza. It's a clean, safe city with wonderful beaches, much better/healthy/fresh food than in BsArs. Every time I'm outside Argentina I realize how poor food is there. I've here more or less the same feeling I had in Medellin: a relax, good city to live in.

I was excepting much higher prices, specially now the peso is falling, but it's kind of more or less the same as in BsArs.
Another exceptional thing: the cultural life here. So many cinemas, theaters, dance places -also for milongueros.

Above all I'm very surprised by the kindness of people here, sofar I've met only very genuine people, never felt screwed like so many times in BsArs.

Would I live here? Yes if I was retired; for now I'm enjoying this city.
off course is relax and cheap, is a beach town :rolleyes:

Brighton or London ?
Sandals or sneakers?

We are talking about preferences, not absolutes.
Glad you are enjoying Floripa, Mariano. I personally do not know it. If anyone was considering though to move or spend a lot of time there, they should go in winter time as beach places around the world that have a marked winter season tend to be depressing. I present as evidence Punta del Este or even Brighton. Florianopolis in summer has a million inhabitants, in winter 300000.

Brighton or London ?
Sandals or sneakers?

We are talking about preferences, not absolutes.
Glad you are enjoying Floripa, Mariano. I personally do not know it. If anyone was considering though to move or spend a lot of time there, they should go in winter time as beach places around the world that have a marked winter season tend to be depressing. I present as evidence Punta del Este or even Brighton. Florianopolis in summer has a million inhabitants, in winter 300000.

That's true, however that takes into consideration average people. By definition I like to think that we're not average people (not only based on the fact that we moved abroad (albeit some did so voluntarily while some were "forced" by significant others or jobs) but also because we chose and like a place like B.A.). Beach towns with marked winter seasons thrive in the summer because there are plenty of jobs available since people from the bigger cities surrounding them are A LOT more likely to travel there in the summer than they are in the winter. I could see myself living in a cold beach town during the winter (plenty of places along the Jersey shore are were very appealing to me during the winter when I lived in the Northeast).

How does a borderline illiterate like yourself judge books, nena?

Your books have already been judged by the majority of the readers based on your responses to me here that show hysteria, arrogance, sexism , and delusion . Your books are good for one thing only and this is for the bathroom only !

Your books have already been judged by the majority of the readers based on your responses to me here that show hysteria, arrogance, sexism , and delusion . Your books are good for one thing only and this is for the bathroom only !

Coming from someone who only rarely manages to write a sentence without multiple spelling, punctuational and grammatical errors, such observations hardly concern me.

a few more things about life in Floripa:
-indeed, in the summer is full of Argentinos and locals scape them and the hot weather into the mountains with many lovely, cute little villages.
-I visited the place Jerepé, a great place to stay and do nothing for a while like Koh in Thailand
-the price of clothing is lower and better than in BsArs!
-international firms are establishing here: Decathlon -a huge shop, originally from France and now anywhere in Europe- has a huge place just outside the city. And Ikea has announced to open shops in Brazil, as soon as they're open I'll attend them and bring furniture to BsArs
-AND here in Floripa good food rules the waves. The diversity, wow! And no so many McDonalds or another junk food line like in BsArs. Even in shopping centre you may it healthy and divers. Lovely sushi too!
-And the prices of temporary rents are not so crazy as in Bsars. I'm staying in a nice apartment with one bedroom and living room, security and all in for 1000 R a month, 2690 pesos at the official rate, less at the unofficial rate. The craziness of garantia, 3 months deposito and other Argies-blablabla is unknown here.

Minuses:
not so many taxis as in BsArs
urban and regional transport more expensive than in BsArs

Back