Living in a house in Capital Federal

By law, short term rentals must be furnished. After many horror stories, owners have learned to remove their good furniture and replace it with the cheapest stuff they can find.
yet another unnecessary law that has no business existing

A house with a huge garden or backyard and pool will usually be very big.

Apart from the dealing with shit neighbors and their 100 dogs ( noise factor), dealing with shit admin ( and their millions laws after the COVID), Always lived in big houses in my home country. It is only in BA that I started living in apartments ( due to fear transmitted inside my head, once I arrived here that its the logical way). I have several other reasons but some are controversial which I prefer not to discuss. here.
I appreciate the reply and what you could share with me.

I do understand your point of view. It's valid.

By law, short term rentals must be furnished. After many horror stories, owners have learned to remove their good furniture and replace it with the cheapest stuff they can find.
OTB - You are on the money! It is law, short term rentals must come furnished.

Nice Sarcasm!
Indeed.

There was a time when you thanked me for ideas provided so thank you, Ceviche.

In fact, used to live in a house with front and back yards and a pool, many years ago, and personally don't relish at the idea. Never liked it, i'm more of a city person.

But the missus wishes are my commands.

Hadn't thought of all those now unusable amenities of yours. Can't you push for a serious lease discount?
Surely the owner will prefer to keep a good (hard currency) tennant than an empty appartment...
Specially with a depressed market, no foreigners around and the new law.

Iz

Ceviche,

I am with you, I prefer a lot of open space in a house.

I don't care for a lot of clutter or cheap furniture. I'd rather have a few good pieces that I truly enjoy and use.

The majority of people who have larger houses, stock it with an abundance of cheap furniture. I think, because, they can't or can't bring themselves to afford so much quality furniture and decorative items. A 5K square foot house could set a person back a lot of money to furnish it correctly.

It's one of the reasons I prefer small. I can afford to furnish a small house properly, but I couldn't do it right in a palatial expanse. It's beyond me and I know that.

Specially with a depressed market, no foreigners around and the new law.

They want to rent out to me for sure...but only for 6 months or 1 year..and ride out the depressed market. After 1 year, they want me to F^&k off..and find something else. I like things long term....so that's not for me..The search continues.

The Ohiggins house was ideal for me. My brains were blown.its was so damn pretty - sin muebles/correct price and available for 3 years. However, I took too long to decide and its gone.

They want to rent out to me for sure...but only for 6 months or 1 year..and ride out the depressed market. After 1 year, they want me to F^&k off..and find something else. I like things long term....so that's not for me..The search continues.

The Ohiggins house was ideal for me. My brains were blown.its was so damn pretty - sin muebles/correct price and available for 3 years. However, I took too long to decide and its gone.
Ceviche,

One of my pieces of advice to myself is: Indecision kills.

I am always working on making timely decisions such that opportunity doesn't evade me. Easier said than done, but I am aware of it.

Ceviche,

One of my pieces of advice to myself is: Indecision kills.

I am always working on making timely decisions such that opportunity doesn't evade me. Easier said than done, but I am aware of it.
You will find it hard to digest. I actually take this forum very seriously. They advised me - that really bad things will happen to me - if I love alone in a house and also travel....so admittedly, I got scared momentarily.

However, after thinking about it..what do I want more -- Live in a department with these shit neighbors and their dogs and their laws or live alone in a nice house and maybe get killed with swords and daggers..so I decided that I prefer to get killed with swords and daggers.

Ceviche, not meaning to rain on your parade, but you may have noisy neighbors in a house, too.

If you see a house with a yard that is not to horrible - ANY house - pounce on it. There are no rental houses left in the barrios cerrados around BA, and none in the northern suburbs, either.

Porteños and their cousins have realized that this virus is going to be around for quite some time, and are scrambling to swap their apartments for anything with a bit of greenery around it.

It is definitely an owners market.

Last edited:
Back