Lockdown could last another 6 to 10 weeks

Hope Larreta runs for President - he has done a lot for CABA.

No wonder that inept midget, Kiciloff, is so desperate to tear him down.
I would also like to see Larreta continue in public service. In my opinion, his talents as administrator and negotiator would be best served being No.1 on the candidate list for a seat on the Camara de Diputados de la Nacion. I am well aware of his ambition to be President. He is only 55 years old. Perhaps his political desire would be best achieved if he puts on hold his presidential candidacy until the 2027 election.

Economic depression is happening worldwide with or without quarantine.

Are you saying that stopping the production and factories, has no incidence on the economy?

I know your argument is occasionally used by those who systematically defend the quarantines, but, seriously, how can a quarantine not hurt the economy, please explain?

Well, to get back on topic, this lockdown sure is wearing, I can feel the atrophy setting in, and I've been hearing about the desperation that is creeping in the more humble neighbourhoods, but in general you only have to look at the rest of the continent to see how much worse the situation could be. It's disappointing that the transmission rate hasn't come down yet, but there's no point turning back now, like those muppets in the Plaza de Mayo or the silly people with their 'infectadura' manifesto would have us do; we'd just be be Brazil - heading to 1200 deaths a day and dead bodies all over the place, only with a 3-month delay.

It's quite likely we'll be in some form of lockdown for the whole winter, but I'm tempted to think that this could yet work out to be a rare Argentine success story, not so much for any political faction in particular, but for the entire political class. Across the board, they've sat down with the scientists, listened to what they have to do, and gone about working out how to do it without any messing around. I have to say I'm impressed, compared to the clownish Trump/AMLO/Bolsonaro/Boris/Daniel Ortega.

I read a very true observation by the BA correspondent of a Spanish newspaper: Argentines are well suited to weathering this one out, because it's not the first time that their lives have gone belly-up from one day to the next. 2001 and all the rest of it have given them a stoicism that's quite useful in these circumstances. 80% support the lockdown and want to safeguard human health. If they stay the course, it could work out very well for the country.

I don't have so much knowledge about Larretta other than he was head of ANSES under (peronist) Menem and has worked with various political factions over time and has also written many books that seem to display a strong social conscience - I do appreciate his down to earth and calm style and ability to put politics aside and work with whoever on whatever is needed. Am not a fan of his handling of COVID refusing to lockdown heavily infected areas / buildings etc.

Plus CABA is really a great city to live in (for Latin America) and have seen continuous improvements over the years since 2015 for the most part. Public spaces are well maintained. Cool things like health monitoring stations and free bikes have popped up along with more safer bike lanes. Better bus systems and traffic controls. Also understand many schools have been opened and some housing projects completed in various villas (e.g. 31 next to the autopista on the port side) Security also feels to have improved with greater visibility of police and more professional conduct and there has even be less dog poop on the streets (Until recently.... I think quarantine is giving people an excuse not to clean up after their dogs and its back to playing dodge-em!)
Larreta with Vidal were at PAMI during La Alianza (Cambiemos). He recognized the Clinic of Dr. Favaloro made the surgeons but he refused to pay the debt of over 2 million usd, they say because he wanted a cash back:

Larreta has so a strong social commitment that put smart containers to avoid poor people open trash containers:

And he let the Villa 31 without water during the Pandemic of Covid-19 producing a pike there:

Larreta let 15.000 children without a seat at school on 2019 and with Macri the Schools construction budget was the lower ever:

Uruguay is not totally ignored, the official position is that Uruguay "should be compared to Santa Fe province". While BsAs is Norway not-Sweden, apparently.
Uruguay has 7% the population of Argentina and it has no overcrowded slums alike Villa 31 for example.
So, to campare it with a province is right, in fact, it used to be part of our territory.
If you make a rule of 3 in order to campare Uruguay with Argentina, they they have 11.420 cases.
The comparison is correct because they have almost the same population but Uruguay has almos 315% more cases: Uruguay 3.449.000 inhabitants / 826 and Santa Fe with its 3.369.000 inhabitants / 262 Covid-19 cases.

My neighbor is a nurse in the San Fernando Municipal Hospital. By official reports, two people have died there from the virus, but he says actually twenty-two people have died, and more are dying every day.

Same story in the 1-11-14 villa in Bajo Flores, where my cousin is a social worker. Deaths are going unrecorded, and unreported.

Back