Lockdown could last another 6 to 10 weeks

My neighbor is a nurse in the San Fernando Municipal Hospital. By official reports, two people have died there from the virus, but he says actually twenty-two people have died, and more are dying every day.

Same story in the 1-11-14 villa in Bajo Flores, where my cousin is a social worker. Deaths are going unrecorded, and unreported.
They are dying with coronavirus, not of coronavirus. Can’t help it if they have diabetes or a chronic lung problem caused by smoking. Nothing to report. Move along please. We are the champions of the world, don’t forget that.

My neighbor is a nurse in the San Fernando Municipal Hospital. By official reports, two people have died there from the virus, but he says actually twenty-two people have died, and more are dying every day.

Same story in the 1-11-14 villa in Bajo Flores, where my cousin is a social worker. Deaths are going unrecorded, and unreported.
You mean that the Government is lying with its statistics... Not possible. If they released the real numbers with the higher death/case count they would look like clowns given they implemented the dumbest and 'harshest' version of lockdowns worldwide with no form of testing/tracing. Australia is getting back to normal and Argentina is still not managing to flatten the curve or get it downward lol... Crazy

Bajo will say it's fake and things are better now... Brainwashing is real my friends. I see a few people are still focussing on only the reported deaths without including economic and social impacts.
Why would I say it is not true? It is not complete for sure. They just show how poor we are.

I don´t think that dichotomy exist, economy falls with or without quarantine.
The US is going to loose 2% less in its economy than us with 27,4 times more deaths per 100.000 inhabitants. Brasil is going to have a depression 2% worst than Argentina with 7 times more deaths while Sweden has 36.83 times more deaths.
Even Sweden admitted the "no quarantine approach" is not working:
I don´t see how this might be brain washing.
The experiencia from the Spanish flu show that everybody had to do quarantine, they wanted or not.

You mean that the Government is lying with its statistics... Not possible. If they released the real numbers with the higher death/case count they would look like clowns given they implemented the dumbest and 'harshest' version of lockdowns worldwide with no form of testing/tracing. Australia is getting back to normal and Argentina is still not managing to flatten the curve or get it downward lol... Crazy
Australia is an island.

3 June 2020
Alberto Fernández will announce tomorrow the extension of the quarantine: they analyze new flexibilities in the City of Buenos Aires
....What is the R? This is the R0 factor, an indicator that measures the intensity of an infectious disease. As Quirós detailed in the report last Friday, when that indicator is above 1, the curve is on the rise and it is necessary to maintain a strong, strict quarantine. On the other hand, when R0 is below 1, governments begin to relax measures.

The R0 is an estimate that is designed based on the conditions of the population. It represents what would happen if an infected person came into contact with citizens. The actual number of spread of the virus could be altered by various factors linked to each community. Today that number moves between 0.8 and 0.9 in the emergency neighborhoods, Infobae learned....

3 June 2020
Alberto Fernández will announce tomorrow the extension of the quarantine: they analyze new flexibilities in the City of Buenos Aires
....What is the R? This is the R0 factor, an indicator that measures the intensity of an infectious disease. As Quirós detailed in the report last Friday, when that indicator is above 1, the curve is on the rise and it is necessary to maintain a strong, strict quarantine. On the other hand, when R0 is below 1, governments begin to relax measures.

The R0 is an estimate that is designed based on the conditions of the population. It represents what would happen if an infected person came into contact with citizens. The actual number of spread of the virus could be altered by various factors linked to each community. Today that number moves between 0.8 and 0.9 in the emergency neighborhoods, Infobae learned....

Am hearing in CABA we may be allowed to go running between 20:00-08:00 and clothes shops will be open. Still no barbers or hairdressers.

I get the feeling AF is being forced to give more liberties in CABA because people are taking them anyway and their eyes are starting to open to the simmering discontent and economic fallout starting to trickle down. Plus the added bonus that if it all goes to shit he can push HL in-front of the bus and get rid of a future challenger. For this reason CABA will be the testing ground for PBA.

Today I went to the supermarket and the streets were very busy with foot traffic. Also with small groups / pairs of friends catching up with one another going for a paseo. I met some neighbours by chance on the street and we stood around in a small group chatting (2m apart!) next to two police officers who said nothing. A guy walked past with no mask and they also said nothing. At the supermarket couples and friends shopping together and parents bringing their kids along. Last night I went downstairs to collect a delivery at the door and a guy in running gear went running past.

More and more cafés are open for "takeaway" and more people are going out just to grab a "takeaway" in order to stretch their legs or get a change of scenery. I notice very strict traffic checkpoints around my neighbourhood this week but on Friday last week the traffic on Libertador was back to normal - non stop and almost bumper to bumper.

Am hearing in CABA we may be allowed to go running between 20:00-08:00 and clothes shops will be open. Still no barbers or hairdressers.

I get the feeling AF is being forced to give more liberties in CABA because people are taking them anyway and their eyes are starting to open to the simmering discontent and economic fallout starting to trickle down. Plus the added bonus that if it all goes to shit he can push HL in-front of the bus and get rid of a future challenger. For this reason CABA will be the testing ground for PBA.

Today I went to the supermarket and the streets were very busy with foot traffic. Also with small groups / pairs of friends catching up with one another going for a paseo. I met some neighbours by chance on the street and we stood around in a small group chatting (2m apart!) next to two police officers who said nothing. A guy walked past with no mask and they also said nothing. At the supermarket couples and friends shopping together and parents bringing their kids along. Last night I went downstairs to collect a delivery at the door and a guy in running gear went running past.

More and more cafés are open for "takeaway" and more people are going out just to grab a "takeaway" in order to stretch their legs or get a change of scenery. I notice very strict traffic checkpoints around my neighbourhood this week but on Friday last week the traffic on Libertador was back to normal - non stop and almost bumper to bumper.
The talk is that AF will extend the quarantine thru June 20th. Correct...the "flexibility"will include shoe shops as well as long as any of the shops are not housed inside shopping malls/galerias.

DITTO...
Today I went to the supermarket and the streets were very busy with foot traffic. Ditto in my neighborhood, Caballito.

Also with small groups / pairs of friends catching up with one another going for a paseo. I met some neighbours by chance on the street and we stood around in a small group chatting (2m apart!) next to two police officers who said nothing. A guy walked past with no mask and they also said nothing. At the supermarket couples and friends shopping together and parents bringing their kids along. Last night I went downstairs to collect a delivery at the door and a guy in running gear went running past.

I was out today for at least 2 hrs in the afternoon and did not see such activity in Caballito.

Last Friday at 7:00pm I asked the supervisor of the municipal police - Parque Rivadavia area why I saw many less officers on our streets compared to 2 weeks ago. He said the neighbors of Caballito have been behaving in an exemplary manner "unlike those people in the Recoleta/Palermo area".

Last edited:
Last Friday at 7:00pm I asked the supervisor of the municipal police - Parque Rivadavia area why I saw many less officers on our streets compared to 2 weeks ago. He said the neighbors of Caballito have been behaving in an exemplary manner "unlike those people in the Recoleta/Palermo area".

"Those people!?" Haha. Well most of the police that I passed on the street also had takeaway coffees in their hands here in Palermo. I guess they know where they would rather "patrol".

Last night drove from Rosario, Santa Fe to Palermo. Started 2300 and reached 0300. Did not encounter any police anywhere.

Curious to know - were there many private cars on the road between ROS and BUE or just trucks?

Curious to know - were there many private cars on the road between ROS and BUE or just trucks?
Only my car was there. I did not see any car in those hours. yes, many trucks were there.

few weeks ago, on similar trips to Rosario, I did not see any truck or private car for 3 hours or any police ( except 1 when entering Rosario and 1 when exiting Buenos aires). The usual 4 hour trip became 3 hour long.

Back