Long term friends?

sharkbait08

Registered
Hey everyone...

My name is Alice and I have been living in bs as for over a year with my (argentine) boyfriend and... I really can't take anymore heartbreak from losing friends every couple months so Im looking for friends that plan to stick around. So a little about me... I'm 23 and I was born in California, raised in Texas, and went to college in Washington State. I graduated from University of Washinton Seattle and have been living in bs as ever since. I was an avid skier until i broke my leg (i fell under a bus here in buenos aires so be careful!) and now im an avid swimmer and bike rider. i want to learn how to play tennis as soon as im done with physical therapy. i love living in argentina and probably one of my fav things about it is the wine. i do have an unfortunate shopping habit and i hate going by myself. other than that, i don't know... but i would love to hear from anyone planning to stick around for a while!

alice
[email protected]

Hi Alice,
University of Washington grad. How about those Tigers!!!! Seems like they had a nice trip to Seattle last weekend.

i plan to be here a while.. was only supposed to be 3 weeks and it'll be 3 months tomorrow.

I sympathise. As someone who cannot stay permanently, every time I return I must make new friends. The non nationals we meet themselves have to return home. Even those like myself who return again and again arrive at different times, if we are luck we meet in the airport.
I am afraid your only answer is to befriend some locals. They are not so bad you know. Some of them even have only one head.
My own experience of them is that they are very suspicious of strangers, but that once you are befriended, you are a friend for life.
And best of all, make friends with some locals and you will learn the language much quicker.

Hi there, I my name is David and I live here permanently. It´s always nice to meet people who have decided to make their lives here after coming from the states. I am at my store every day and always welcome expat visitors. I am somewhat out of the expat zone, but do get several visits per week. www.candylandshop.com.ar

WHERE did you grow up in Texas? And which Texas college and pro teams do you support?

This is very important.

tangobob said:
I sympathise. As someone who cannot stay permanently, every time I return I must make new friends. The non nationals we meet themselves have to return home. Even those like myself who return again and again arrive at different times, if we are luck we meet in the airport.
I am afraid your only answer is to befriend some locals. They are not so bad you know. Some of them even have only one head.
My own experience of them is that they are very suspicious of strangers, but that once you are befriended, you are a friend for life.
And best of all, make friends with some locals and you will learn the language much quicker.

I wish it were that easy to befriend locals...I've had an interestingly hard time making real friends. They're always nice and friendly, but real friends? The closest I've gotten to a real Argentine friend so far is a Uruguayan one. Go figure, she is also a 'foreigner'.

I'm also here long term and am also 23 with an Argie boyfriend. I'm up for going out for coffee, or maybe pizza (and wine!) sometime if you want. My emails [email protected]

Hey alice...im katie...i am moving to buenos aires in 2 weeks from england...i was there earlier this year just for a holiday and loved it so decided just to come back...im going to look for work and hopefully settle for around a year...i'm coming over on my own so finding it a little bit daunting and wanting to get to know some friends asap!

Hi Katie and Alice

I am from the UK and live here permanently too and know how you feel! Send me a private message if you would like to meet up!

Hello everyone,
My name is Liza and I am 30 years old and I am from SF, California. I am also looking for long term friends. My husband is Uruguayan and I have been here for 3 months already.

I dont know anyone in Buenos Aires except for my husband's friends. I do want to have my set of girlfriends and go out shopping, wine tasting, get manicures, etc.

lemme know if any of you wanna meet yo one day for wine?

I live near the alamo and perhaps we can all meet there one of these days?

Back