Looking For Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP : Yes, you may get a USD salary in Arg. But you need to be someone with exceptional skills which are much in demand in Argentina.

You you need to be hired by a US or European company and come to Argentina on an expat package. Even if you are hired as a hot shot engineer by Google, Microsoft or Facebook in Argentina, you will be paid in pesos.

Right, asking Argentines everyone says that with english and a degree I could work anywhere (I find that hard to believe) but they insist and insist that I will be able to. I am just wondering what the REAL Outlook could be for me upon moving there and if I can expect to be without a job for a while...

Right, asking Argentines everyone says that with english and a degree I could work anywhere (I find that hard to believe) but they insist and insist that I will be able to. I am just wondering what the REAL Outlook could be for me upon moving there and if I can expect to be without a job for a while...

Oh, you should be able to find a job. But don't expect the same standard of living. A typical middle class suburban American driving a Ford Fusion or a Honda Accord would be a considered a well-off guy in Argentina.

Oh, you should be able to find a job. But don't expect the same standard of living. A typical middle class suburban American driving a Ford Fusion or a Honda Accord would be a considered a well-off guy in Argentina.

OP :-Ideally, come and live in the paternal home of your wife in Capital ( presumably?). Use buses, subte (pretty efficient in my opinion). Use Public hospitals. Cook at home. No need of a Honda accord in BA. After that, you just need some money to buy your food and for splurging.

English, a degree and 40 pesos should buy you a cup of coffee. The people you talked to sound like idiots. The REAL outlook is what you'd expect in a developing country in South America whose economy is in freefall. Good luck. You will need it.

I wish you all the best of luck but it is a different world!
what I can earn in one month in the Czech Republic NOT USA CANADA OR UK is what I earn here in 3-4 mths
and prices are higher here for most things(if you live with wife's parents not much of a worry!) The only thing really cheap here in municipal transport in BA! That's it!
The bread I buy cost me max equivilent of 20pesos BLUE RATE in Prague here I pay 59! But it will be a great experience for you JUST BE CAREFUL not that safe these days although USA is not safe either!

I thought an Argentine middle class family drives a little French car (made in Brazil), which is not that far from a Ford or Honda Accord, Americans like smaller cars now. A middle class American is really considered rich in Argentina ? I always wonder about that. After paying taxes, mortgages, credit cards, property tax, middle class American families do not have much left, maybe a family trip to Hawaii, middle class families are always tight financially.

I thought an Argentine middle class family drives a little French car (made in Brazil), which is not that far from a Ford or Honda Accord, Americans like smaller cars now. A middle class American is really considered rich in Argentina ? I always wonder about that. After paying taxes, mortgages, credit cards, property tax, middle class American families do not have much left, maybe a family trip in Hawaii, but middle class families are always tight financially.

American middle class families are perpetually in debt for their lives. They may have a car but they pay for it for 10 years. They may own a house but they pay for it for 30 years. they may go on a holiday using their credit card.

I thought an Argentine middle class family drives a little French car (made in Brazil), which is not that far from a Ford or Honda Accord, Americans like smaller cars now. A middle class American is really considered rich in Argentina ? I always wonder about that. After paying taxes, mortgages, credit cards, property tax, middle class American families do not have much left, maybe a family trip to Hawaii, middle class families are always tight financially.

The median household income in the USA in 2014 was US$52,000. Without even taking into account how expensive things are in Argentina when compared to the US, how many households in Argentina have that level income? Would you say that the average Argentine middle class households has income in the same ballpark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back