Looking For Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make middle class wages in the US. I'm considered filthy rich by most people I know here.I live at close to the standard of living here that I would live in the US and it costs me every bit as much here (really, more) than it does there, but I'm missing a lot of comforts (services, clean streets, variety of products, just to mention a few) that I would normally have in the US.

I've lived in the suburbs in a closed neighborhood and now live in Recoleta. If I couldn't live the lifestyle I'm living now, I would no longer be in Argentina. Argentina is certainly not worth putting oneself into poverty over, at least just on general principle. Moving here because of the wife is a different story - we all do things we must in this life. But it's getting harder and harder to maintain a decent lifestyle here with US earnings, on a monthly basis. In almost 9 years here, we are now in the worst times I've seen, economically, and that counts 2009 when I lost most of my contracts because of the world-wide economic issues that hit. I feel a deep sympathy for those I know living and working with pesos, as inflation sits around 40% but salaries don't move anything near like that.

No salary here is going to be close to any salary in the US, unless you have a lot of contacts and experience and are something like a high-level manager in a foreign company or work for the government in a connected position. If your wife's family knows people, you may get a job better than many here to start out with, but it most likely won't be near what you could get in the States.

The big question is - will you have better contacts than those who are graduating the same degree from places like UADE? My oldest girl is studying there (International Business also) and has mentioned that graduates are having a hard time finding a relatively decent job here on graduation.

You can probably find a job, but don't expect it to pay a whole lot and it may not be what you want. And there's a lot of competition for good jobs here. I've seen lines a half a block long or more waiting in line for interviews. You can find a reasonably-priced place to live, but don't expect it to be as "nice" as what you are used to living in.

Fact of the matter is that 90% expats who live here, despite all the problems here is simply to :-
1.Have a better sex life than they would back home
2. Get married to women half their age. And these women never get visa to go to US with their fatherly looking hubbieS.
3. Expat women live here to get a taste of Argie ---- on a nightly basis #IfYouKmowWhatIMean
4. Or in rare case deputed by a foreign company to work here temporarily

All the talk of living in Argentina for adventure and learning Spanish is bullshit talk.

Fact of the matter is that 90% expats who live here, despite all the problems here is simply to :-
2. Get married to women half their age. And these women never get visa to go to US with their fatherly looking hubbieS.
3. Expat women live here to get a taste of Argie ---- on a nightly basis #IfYouKmowWhatIMean

All the talk of living in Argentina for adventure and learning Spanish is bullshit talk.

Hell, here you have to beat the pussy off with a stick. Or a improvised cattle rod.

Best bet is to get an online job for a U.S. company. Even if you get a job making 2000 USD month, that's likely more than you can end up making in Argentina. Think that at blue rate 2000 dollars is roughly 24,000 pesos, which is a decent paying job for some people in Argentina. Work from home or at a coffee shop, and you will also save yourself a whole lot of grief.

I won't say you're wrong about the motives of many, but I know a lot of people who came here to do business. I'm one of the few who I know who came for business, fell in love and stayed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back