Looming Gov't Crackdown On Unofficial $$ Exchange?

Über-expensive San Francisco where I've lived since 1976.

That is precisely why I live in Urugay a bit north of Punta Del Este. I grew up in Laguna Beach and Nor Cal on the coast, here it is very reminsant Cali back in the 70s.

Yay for more San Franciscans... I always wonder how many people from the more agreeable US cities actually migrate here and stay happily ever after.

To Queso: as a matter of fact, I am retiring from
Über-expensive San Francisco where I've lived since 1976. Long gone is the quirky, bohemian and politically city it once was -- nowadays it is more reminiscent of a California version of Singapore. The poor artists and creative types have fled, replaced by legions of 20-something's who don't seem to mind living in high rise closets on their 6-figure salaries. But, well -- it's there time now, as my generation had theirs, and I'm hoping shambling charms and eccentric character -- and MUCH lower costs relative to SF -- could be my new funky, interesting place to live in retirement. It's worth a try, I reckon.
Good for you. After San Fran BA is fairly cheap. Poor old San Fransisco she a grand dame but her lips are now painted outside the lines. Pity.

Yay for more San Franciscans... I always wonder how many people from the more agreeable US cities actually migrate here and stay happily ever after.

OK, lucha54, so you are from the S.F. bay area, along with steveinbsas-san. Anyone else from the east bay- already know AJOKO is in Oakland. Iam in Danville~Alamo-Walnut Creek area. Ahem, being expatriated to the Nor Cal for the time being but originally from Japan and now considering to move my retirenment dwellings to Argentina~Chile perhaps.

While I came here, on this trip, from Vancouver - and am (also) Canadian... living exactly half of my life, so far, in that country - I was born in NYC but was raised in an area between Walnut Creek and Lafayette, which was known as Saranap (the family homestead was in our name 1963-2002) - just off Tice Valley Boulevard / Boulevard Way and Olympic Road. I went to Montecito ES, Merriewood ES, Fairview JHS and Del Valle HS (before it closed). My mom worked her final years in Sam Ramon; my paternal grandmother's ranch was in Pleasanton.

While I came here, on this trip, from Vancouver - and am (also) Canadian... living exactly half of my life, so far, in that country - I was born in NYC but was raised in an area between Walnut Creek and Lafayette, which was known as Saranap (the family homestead was in our name 1963-2002) - just off Tice Valley Boulevard / Boulevard Way and Olympic Road. I went to Montecito ES, Merriewood ES, Fairview JHS and Del Valle HS (before it closed). My mom worked her final years in Sam Ramon; my paternal grandmother's ranch was in Pleasanton.
rpkerston, you don't say! I always thought you being from EU for some reason but you history tellin' of being raised in Laffayette~Walnut Creek area and even mentioning San Ramon area, never expected to find anyone living there in Bs As from the east bay area.! I have many friends whom graduated from Saint Mary college prior to then Acalanes H.S.

as for me, born in the east bay, raised in the north bay... and I call myself a San Franciscan.

in the Bay Area for 10 years -- lived/worked in the whole triangle (east bay, sf, and peninsula)

I used to drive on all of them roads for Diamond k in Lafayette :cool: and i also went to st mary's but just deliver dirt or sand and get the helll out of there before i learnt something i didn't wanna know

Back