Macri , Dec 11Th End Of Cepo Foreign Exchange Restrictions

Rich One

Registered
Macri promised if elected Dec 11th. will allow free float of the Currency ..? End of the Cepo. Where will the dollar Go , no more blue?

Macri promised end of Cepo (Google can not translate CEPO, it replaced it by Stocks in the translation)

They will overrun dollars in Argentina from December. I let the exchange rate float. But we're going to have to sustain that will come so many resources that the currency will tend to appreciate. Let's find a balance not detrimental to the employee,

http://translate.goo...943&prev=search

Overrun dollars in Argentina? Please take a gander at the exchange rates for the entire region...

It's the other way around, even if Macri becomes president, cepo cambiario o no...

Btw, I heard yesterday that the low blue exchange is a rigged BA thing. You can go to Rosario or Córdoba and sell your blues for 14...

Better off you summarize the article, Rich, as Google translate makes it a confusing mess. I read the article in Spanish and basically Macri is hypothesizing that when and if he gets elected and lifts all the dollar restrictions, the country will suddenly be flooded with dollars...I suppose that's good for the country. Bad for expats living on blue exchanges...wonder what that would do to inflation, if anything?

All you immigrants with non official status would suffer anyway. Turkeys hoping for other turkeys to vote for Xmas :)

The "real" problem right now is the Brazilian devaluation. Argentina simply must follow suit, not sure how that can play out to satisfy all parties.

Btw, I heard yesterday that the low blue exchange is a rigged BA thing. You can go to Rosario or Córdoba and sell your blues for 14...

Better off you summarize the article, Rich, as Google translate makes it a confusing mess. I read the article in Spanish and basically Macri is hypothesizing that when and if he gets elected and lifts all the dollar restrictions, the country will suddenly be flooded with dollars...I suppose that's good for the country. Bad for expats living on blue exchanges...wonder what that would do to inflation, if anything?

This is a misconception that expats have it easy cos of the blue versus the expats who were living here when there was no blue.

i was living here in 2007 with no blue, taking out money (pesos) from ATM machines and pretty much had the same lifetsyle even then.

Carlos Melconian , prospective Financial guru for Macri has said it wont be immediate but that the objective is free float in the short term.

Macri stated that the Currency (peso) will Appreciate when the Cepo is removed going below 8 ?? :D El ultimo que apague la luz :mad:

Back