Macri To Use Public Hospital Services

But that isn't really the central point. It's certainly not exclusive to South America that politicians' words are considered by all to be just a lengthier form of farting. They all, even the ones we admire most, like (insert your favorite pol's name here), engage in smarmy, theatrical insincerities. It goes with politics, not geography.

The discussion here is about what happens next? After the bloviating is done is there any, even token, follow-through? Because of that I'm willing to give the new kid the benefit of the doubt - unless and until he shows himself to be "like all of them." And it's not an all-or-nothing thing, either. A given pol can be more or less sincere than another, so it's a sliding scale between drama and commitment.

Yes but...if you suspend logic for a minute and convince yourself that Macri is nothing but Videla/Hitler/Satan reincarnate who's doing nothing but heading the Militar Party and trying to undo the republic and become a protectorate of Spain...then you'll realize all of a sudden that this act of using Hospital Fernandez is one of the most despicable, dictatorial, inhumane, political persecution-y move ever.

I'm off to watch Nestor Kirchner, La Pelicula to get some sanity over here!

Yes but...if you suspend logic for a minute and convince yourself that Macri is nothing but Videla/Hitler/Satan reincarnate who's doing nothing but heading the Militar Party and trying to undo the republic and become a protectorate of Spain...

I never claimed that he was that. I see him as the typical South American politician. Better than Cristina for sure, but that is not saying much.

I never claimed that he was that. I see him as the typical South American politician. Better than Cristina for sure, but that is not saying much.

I'm not even disagreeing with you. You'll find that most of what I write about Macri always has hedges like 'we'll see what happens' and the like. I'm just pointing out that this action in particular is not worthy of criticism. At all.

I do find an eerie resemblance to Barack Obama, in fact sometimes outright copying. I'm sure he's studied Obama carefully.

Yes but...if you suspend logic for a minute and convince yourself that Macri is nothing but Videla/Hitler/Satan reincarnate who's doing nothing but heading the Militar Party and trying to undo the republic and become a protectorate of Spain...then you'll realize all of a sudden that this act of using Hospital Fernandez is one of the most despicable, dictatorial, inhumane, political persecution-y move ever.
Hey now, that's the stupidest, most irrational rant I've ever heard! Nobody would ever be dumb enough to ... Oh, wait ...

I'm off to watch Nestor Kirchner, La Pelicula to get some sanity over here!
I love the part where he marries Evita!

He did indeed Nico and rib injuries sometimes take months to heal.

Next to the back I would put them at the top of pain list and time to heal list. Been there done that more than once surfing. Try breaking them you wont believe it everything from taking a dump to sneezing results in mind blowing pain.

Next to the back I would put them at the top of pain list and time to heal list. Been there done that more than once surfing. Try breaking them you wont believe it everything from taking a dump to sneezing results in mind blowing pain.

Side trip here - my husband broke 3 ribs a few years ago and we went to the Swiss hospital, after 3 days of the screaming pain you describe. He was seen promptly, but the doctor decided that he must be faking the pain, and was a drug seeker. He insisted on an X-ray, which revealed the broken ribs and prompted her to give him a heavy-duty injection of some blessed pain killer that lasted all day. She also gave him a prescription for ... TYLENOL. I hope Macri gets something a bit stronger, to allow him to get his mind off the pain and onto his job for the next six weeks.

Side trip here - my husband broke 3 ribs a few years ago and we went to the Swiss hospital, after 3 days of the screaming pain you describe. He was seen promptly, but the doctor decided that he must be faking the pain, and was a drug seeker. He insisted on an X-ray, which revealed the broken ribs and prompted her to give him a heavy-duty injection of some blessed pain killer that lasted all day. She also gave him a prescription for ... TYLENOL. I hope Macri gets something a bit stronger, to allow him to get his mind off the pain and onto his job for the next six weeks.

Yeah I have to put that at the top of the pain list really and boy they heal slow and get aggravated easily. And they cannot cast ribs they can only wrap them. Strange part is you can feel better for a month even after say 4 months and then something just sets if of again. Real heal time for me was about 8 months.

Well I must have had tiny hairline fractures in that case since mine healed quicker.
Handlebars on a bike have a knack of finding their way to your ribs whichever side you fall, unfortunately.

It's probably seen by many as a publicity stunt and would certainly be seen as such if it had been his predecessor.
However, I'm prepared to give Mauri the benefit of the doubt; he's taken on a herculean challenge and public health is only one area that needs some serious fixing.
A few years ago I contracted TB (I have no idea why or how) and the private sector kicked me out like some leper; they wouldn't or didn't want to touch me. In fact, the doctor who gave me the results at some private medical centre in San Isidro was most unprofessional at the moment she discovered the results over the phone with me seated only a few feet from her. She put the phone down, glared at me in horror, reached for a mask and told me she couldn't help me.
It's a little known fact that the state covers the cost of TB treatment and I ended up at the public chest hospital in Olivos as an outpatient and was treated as a human.The hospital appeared to be in a dilapidated state and very dirty with equipment from God knows when.
I wouldn't recommend the treatment though, very unpleasant, although it got the job done, thankfully.

public health is only one area that needs some serious fixing.
Justin-Timberlake-Blank-Stare.gif

Back