Macri's Amnesia

What Mr. Zero (yes, he gave himself that name) said:

According to the NYT, Macri is the President in a worst accusation regarding the Panama paper's scandal:

http://www.diarioreg...631d5d160388dd3

What Diario Registrado said:
The New York Times apuntó contra Macri: su caso es uno de los "más graves"

What the New York Times really said:
...Among those named were President Mauricio Macri of Argentina...

Anybody actually look at Diario Registrado? Serious ultrakirchnerista nonsense.

Everything we've come to expect from Mr. Zero.

What Mr. Zero (yes, he gave himself that name) said:

What Diario Registrado said:

What the New York Times really said:

Anybody actually look at Diario Registrado? Serious ultrakirchnerista nonsense.

Everything we've come to expect from Mr. Zero.

Sadly the parents of one of my friends are full on dedicated to that nonsense. They don`t read much english but they love posting things because Diario Registrado tells them what it actually said. To be honest I get annoyed with the Bubble`s weak translations of spanish newspapers into english as well -- there seems to be a lot of misses on translating the appropriate tone rather than just words.

I'd never heard of Diario Registrado.

Again, this is not a miss on translating the tone. What with photoshopping Macri onto the cover (from a 2012 issue, and hiding the date - that's the best part), it's damn close to a full-on forgery.

(UPDATE - Just in case you're not sure - here's the article next to the photo of Macri. And to the left is an article about the Secret Service prostitute scandal in Cartagena, Colombia).

Hell, if the Panama Papers had smoking-gun evidence that Macri had stolen millions, it's questionable if it'd make it onto the cover of the NYT. Certainly not with a photo of that size.
Many Argentines, and probably a majority of the readership of Diario Registrado, does not grasp that. At all.

My question comes back to a direct one regarding bajo. I'm tempted to make this a poll:
  • Does bajo_cero understand that Diario Registrado is deliberately misrepresenting the NYT regarding Macri? Ergo, by quoting it bajo is deliberately trolling us?
  • Or does he, notwithstanding that he can easily read the NYT for himself, actually believe what Diario Registrado said? Can he be that big a moron??
  • Is there a 3rd option? I see none.
I'm genuinely curious. I'd love to hear what people think.

Can you add me to that list as well?

And me - but don't finalize it yet: it may end up that Bajo and Matías are the only ones not on it.

Bajo, you might consider starting it in Microsoft Word, then making periodic updates in pdf format. Just trying to make it easy for you.

Ups, Laurita Alonso is under criminal investigation:
http://www.perfil.com/mobile/?nota=/contenidos/2016/04/06/noticia_0020.html

Guess why he's always posting from a milonga or a bar - places where normal people talk to each other and don't sit alone with their cell phone browsing through internet forums... ;)

I'm glad you picked up on this - what a great image: the snarly guy in the corner who no one talks to, just tapping away for hours on his phone while everyone else has a good time.

Back