Making Women Feel More Comfortable Here (Women's Only Poll)

Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable reading posts posted in the BA Expats forums?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Very good comments I feel the same way as you do. However one can solve that problem by banning 2 or 3 culprits that will never let go about Obamacare or the US Corporate International Plot/Conspiracy :D

Yes, the "one" can solve that problem by banning the culprits who will never let go about Obamacare. Then, whoever the "one" who has that power is will be able to move on to those who who use symbols of the Illuminati or make anti-Zionist statements, as well as the rest of the riff-raff. :p

Perhaps there should also be a limit on the number of posts a member can make in one day. I think a new record might have been set yesterday when one member hit 41.

But who's counting? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say that your reaction had anything to do with your sex. I remember that post and also clearly remember having similar response.

Either way I think this poll's sample is biased, and the reactions in the thread are going to be even more so. If someone is here and posting, they're already part of the subset of the population who accepts and is accustomed to the juvenile content allowed and even encouraged by the free semi-anonymous sharing of information.

Yes Phil, I'm sure many forum members were on some level repulsed by that post, men and women. My intention was not to imply that I thought said post was only offensive to women. The sort of thinking expressed in what was written that day is offensive to society in general. But I do think it's a different experience reading a post like that as a woman, knowing those sentiments are directed at my gender. So I do think my sex was a factor in my reaction--but not the only factor.

I agree with your second paragraph.

Back