Many Dead In Paris Tonight

Hopefully the Europeans will not let themselves be terrorized.
Xenophobia will not go off the charts.
Political opportunists will not be allowed to swoop in and feast on people's fears.

Fingers crossed.

Don't hold your breath, Le Pen is on the Horizon...! Le Pen B)

RAI Italian TV Panelists (5 Stelle o Forza Italia?) proposed today that Mosques that promote Violence Should be Closed ..
Also Imam's from Abroad should be banned

20151114_eud010.jpg

Imagine piano player at Le bataclan....

http://www.infobae.c...rta-le-bataclan

[background=rgb(204, 204, 221)]"Imagine"[/background]​

[background=rgb(204, 204, 221)]Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one[/background]

My wife is currently in Paris with a couple of her friends. Her first trip overseas.

We were a bit freaked out last night. They were originally going to go have dinner downtown and we didn't hear from her or her friends for some time afterward. Turns out they were tired and decided to stay in the area around their hotel and eat, which is further out from the center. They didn't have access to wifi where they were and didn't contact us until they got back to the hotel.

What a terrible thing.

My wife is currently in Paris with a couple of her friends. Her first trip overseas.

We were a bit freaked out last night. They were originally going to go have dinner downtown and we didn't hear from her or her friends for some time afterward. Turns out they were tired and decided to stay in the area around their hotel and eat, which is further out from the center. They didn't have access to wifi where they were and didn't contact us until they got back to the hotel.

Glad to know all well with your family, dude.

Any way you look at it, it's a total tragedy. Could that have happened anywhere ???,... I don't think so.
Maybe it happened there for a reason... France had a lot of colonies in Africa & the Middle East.
Algeria, Morocco, Syria, Lebanon, Suez. I think there's still a lot of resentment there.
As Eldridge Cleaver used to say "The chickens are coming home to roost".
R.I.P.

As we come to grips with the tragedy in Paris, make sure you are not this person.

There are really no words to sum up this unjustifiable atrocity. As some of you already know, I work in an international school here, and I genuinely worry about possible misdirected backlash at my Muslim students both in Buenos Aires, as well as those I have known from other places in the world. It's a crying shame, and I am probably going to get my head handed to me for this, but I sincerely believe with all my heart that Islam is not the problem, and Islamophobia is not the answer.

There, I said it.

http://vagrantviolet.com/2015/11/teaching-peace-in-wake-of-the-paris-attacks/

It was just reported that a Syrian passport was recovered on (or near) the body of one of last night's suicide bombers (at the stadium).

CNN just reported that one of the suicide bombers at the stadium was using a fake Syrian passport and was "smuggled in" with refugees.

Back