Mayweather-Pacquiao, Saturday May 2 On Tv Pública

Says the man who wastes his time posting over and over how boring any sport but baseball is. Go write another tour guide book and stop procrastinating in this forum.

P.s. baseball is the most boring shit in the world, even cricket is more entertaining and that's coming from a Scotsman who couldn't give a shit about cricket.

Even if cricket lacks the intellectual complexity of baseball, I can respect it for requiring comparably advanced motor skills. Meanwhile, here's last night's best post-mortem on boxing: https://twitter.com/FrauenheimNorm/status/594739840270217216

I dont get you guys, you get the fight for free and you complain?!?!?!

There are two options, one is to pay and the other is to watch it for free. In the first option, if you pay, theres someone making a profit, some private, individual subject that makes a lot of money by charging you the fight. Wouldnt you call that situation panem et circenses too? I mean, after all, its pretty much the same but the only difference is that people are paying for the fight. Wouldnt the people watch it anyway?
The same happens with futbol. If its not the government (again: the posibility to watch all the matches for free!) theres a company that takes it, that wins, that it is maffious as well as the government can be. In fact, they were!!! Thats why I like this government: they just stopped this big bussiness for companies like Torneos and give it for free to the people. Again: its very simplistic to think that they get votes this way or with a choripan, why cant we think they concern about peoples tastes and hobbies and interests and just bring some joy to the people for free? After all, thats what it is.

I dont get you guys, you get the fight for free and you complain?!?!?!

There are two options, one is to pay and the other is to watch it for free. In the first option, if you pay, theres someone making a profit, some private, individual subject that makes a lot of money by charging you the fight. Wouldnt you call that situation panem et circenses too? I mean, after all, its pretty much the same but the only difference is that people are paying for the fight. Wouldnt the people watch it anyway?
The same happens with futbol. If its not the government (again: the posibility to watch all the matches for free!) theres a company that takes it, that wins, that it is maffious as well as the government can be. In fact, they were!!! Thats why I like this government: they just stopped this big bussiness for companies like Torneos and give it for free to the people. Again: its very simplistic to think that they get votes this way or with a choripan, why cant we think they concern about peoples tastes and hobbies and interests and just bring some joy to the people for free? After all, thats what it is.

Why shouldn't the government buy up all the cinema tickets in the country and bring joy to everybody by letting them see any movie they want for free?

Why not Hoteles de Lujo en El Calafate Para Todos? While we're at, let's toss in Vuelos Para Todos!

Why shouldn't the government buy up all the cinema tickets in the country and bring joy to everybody by letting them see any movie they want for free?

Why not Hoteles de Lujo en El Calafate Para Todos? While we're at, let's toss in Vuelos Para Todos!

congratulations!! you can manage sarcasm!!!

Even if cricket lacks the intellectual complexity of baseball, I can respect it for requiring comparably advanced motor skills. Meanwhile, here's last night's best post-mortem on boxing: https://twitter.com/...739840270217216

There is no intellectual complexity in baseball. Man throws ball. Man tries to hit ball with stick. That's it. A lot of douche bags have tried to overlay complexity and intellect on top of that (e.g. Bob Costas), but it's all hot air.

Don't get me wrong, I like baseball. It's a great excuse to drink beer.

There is no intellectual complexity in baseball. Man throws ball. Man tries to hit ball with stick. That's it. A lot of douche bags have tried to overlay complexity and intellect on top of that (e.g. Bob Costas), but it's all hot air.

Don't get me wrong, I like baseball. It's a great excuse to drink beer.

Contemporary baseball, in particular, has led to revolutionary insights with major impact on public life: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/305826/the-signal-and-the-noise-by-nate-silver/9781594204111

Contemporary baseball, in particular, has led to revolutionary insights with major impact on public life: http://www.penguinra...r/9781594204111

I didn't say people don't write books about baseball. That I'll grant you. There is a lot of literature about baseball.

But there is nothing intellectual about the game itself, at least no more so than any other sport.

I didn't say people don't write books about baseball. That I'll grant you. There is a lot of literature about baseball.

But there is nothing intellectual about the game itself, at least no more so than any other sport.

Analyzing baseball has led to insights well beyond the sport itself, but it's a complex and nuanced game in its own right. Understanding the rules is almost equivalent to earning a law degree, and the psychological interactions between pitcher and hitter involve a subtle balance between fooling the other and intimidating him.

Back