McCain Picks HORRIBLE VP

Thanks for the update. I love the controversy, but at the end of the day, who will really cast their ballot becuase of it?

Whoa dfwemr, step back a little there Jack... I suggest you chill a little on the rude attitude there and not start bossing people around - we ain't in "Fascist land" yet df (what does df stand for? blank, blank or something...... aww just playing with you dude) I have some friendly advice for Lee, NEVER RENOUN, you need to get back all the money the US Government STOLE from you in the form of Medicare and Social Security. If you renoun you loss all that.... besides that, I hear ya Lee, America has become one big trash can, some pick up on it faster than others. You are on the right track my friend !!! All the best, Dudester

Such a unique LABOR DAY - "White Trash Hypocrites in Action Day". I smell a hot TV sitcom here, John Waters (Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Hairspray) can direct. Too bad Charles Bukowski has passed on, could have come up with a rockin' script. So do I have this correct? Sarah Palin's daughter was 15 years old when see gave birth to this Down's Syndrome "secret" baby while Madam Governor was lying and saying it was her's? Hey Sarah, you're so proud of your unrealistically totally WACK Abortion/Birth Control views - let your "Freak Flag Fly" honey and tell us the truth - it's your underage daughter that was pregnant my little hypocrite. If PALIN is so proud of being so "anti-abortion" why not let the public know exactly what was going on? If your under legal age teenager is "with child" proclaim it to the world - be PROUD of your brilliant self imposed "moral" policies. BTW, has the name of the father leaked out? I was just wondering if it's her dad or bro' or what ?

BREAKING NEWS !!! Now they're saying her 17 year old daughter is pregnant (again?) with her Boy Friends baby..... wow, my head is spinning, too many baby stories going around for me to keep track of it all...... The Republicans need to learn one thing I think - One must practice what one preaches. You can't go around slamming Homosexuals as the Republicans do then have one of your own "Closet Homosexual Senators" try and pick up Gay Prostitutes in Airport Bathrooms..... doesn't work forever, you're gonna get busted sooner or later. Same with trying to "pick-up" underage same sex interns... Gimme a break already !!!

This VP and her "secret mess" proves one thing, McCain makes HORRIBLE choices, he's very careless, totally unthoughtful, and very off base way too many times - too many times to manage a Wal-Mart let alone be President of the USA. There's NO WAY I want his finger on the button, if he doesn't push it to "bomb, bomb, bomb....Bomb,bomb, Iran he just might role over on it during one of his 2 hour naps....... This Geezer is a risk we can't afford........ NO WAY !!!!

Dudester,

A couple of things. First on where we agree, Mccain made a bad choice. I have been a lifelong republican but frankly it is impossible to defend many of the mistakes of this administration as well as a lot of its stupidity, so the Palin mess is a mess. I agree Mccain has shown bad judgement and he will most likely lose unless Obama has some real screw up. That being said, politics everywhere has its issues and I still believe the USA is the greatest country on earth although there are many great places to live and experience other cultures as well.

Second, nobody is being rude or bossy, but when someone bashes the country so much (and certainly someone who has never served the country) any good American will defend her. Problems and all, it is still American and all that comes with it. As far as social security and medicare, that is another mess and the US is not alone in its pension and healthcare issues. Europe is much worse and all of Latin America except Chile are also worse with regard to being able to handle its obligations. That being said, 2 things,

1. SS benefits are on average about 1010 dollars a month for current retirees. Some have a bit more but not so much money as to keep citizenship if you want to renounce.

2. Medicare and medicaid will not pay outside the USA so for LEE who hates the US and will never go back, it is useless. I say RENOUNCE, for a measly 12k a year Lee has more principle than to take 12k from a country he hates.

I respect Lee's principle because he is entitled to his opinion and nobody said differently. I just say if he hates the US so much and he is so much better off without her and he is so angry and resentful, break up. Renounce and rid yourself of the cancer inside.

You should consider it also since you say America is a trashbag. I am sure you can get into the Argentine pension program once you renounce. I am certain it will pay more and be stronger. Good move for you I think as well.

bottom line, everyone is entitled to their opinion and nobody is hammering anyone for political vies or anything, it is just that when you sound off about how you hate your country, I say then leave (as he did and you as well- good for you) and renounce.

Dear dfwemr, we can disagree but let me tell you with one sentence why the USA is NOT a great country and why I have come to dislike it so (why it has BETRAYED US ALL), here we go......

IT DOESN'T PUT IT'S PEOPLE FIRST !!!

That's it, a country that puts big business, the Military Industrial Complex, and everything else the lobbyists buy off everyday from the whores (Republican and Democrat) on Capital Hill and the White House FIRST (and second and third) is not a Stand Up country - it's a worthless country full of empty slogans and cheap American Flag Lapel pins. So, if I don't matter at all, and they just want all my money for their bullsh*t wars I only have one thing to say - f**k them !!!! Also, let me add, I live in Paris (France, not Texas) Part time and they PUT THEIR PEOPLE FIRST !! All my French friends are very happy with their UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, Prescription drugs are about 60% to 75% cheaper than in the rip-off USA AND you can walk the streets at 1 or 2 am and not have a care. I've done it many times with my girl friend, a male friend, or solo and have NEVER EVER been approached or bothered. And this goes back to my first visit (long before I bought an apartment) in 1977. It's safe, it's sane, the French enjoy life much more than Americans AND..... here it comes - France is a much better country than the USA.

I would love to live there full time but due to business reasons can't. This is not the America my parents came to and loved immensely. That America is gone in a big puff of smoke, in a lost dream, in a pleasant but distant memory. it is now only for the mega rich and corporate criminals, the rest of us are like little rats hoping they don't take more away. All the Americans I know just worry and are full of fear, if the street criminals don't get you, the legal ones (IRS,all the other Government Agencies, Police, etc) will - it's a no win situation.... Sorry but that's the truth.

Dudester (and I've been all over the world (not bragging, just letting you know my beliefs are based on lifelong experiences and things I've seen/learned) - almost constant travel since my first international one as a teenager to visit family in Europe) working at times as a Travel/Fashion photographer, 80 countries more or less, lived in about 10 since '75. I'm not living in any fantasy pipe dream - the reality and downfall of the once great AMERICA is straight in front of my very sad and angry face.... and I 'm not gonna turn my head away)

"Dudester" said:
... let me tell you with one sentence why the USA is NOT a great country and why I have come to dislike it so (why it has BETRAYED US ALL), here we go......

IT DOESN'T PUT IT'S PEOPLE FIRST !!!

...I live in Paris (France, not Texas) Part time and they PUT THEIR PEOPLE FIRST !! ...the French enjoy life much more than Americans AND..... here it comes - France is a much better country than the USA...

...I would love to live there full time but due to business reasons can't.

I think if you post this on Parisexpats it will be well received. What's the point of saying it here?If you ever are able to live in France just remember one thing: You will never be French.I probably love Paris as much as you do, but I will always be an American, no matter where I live or who is president...or vice president. So will you.I don't let residents of other nations define, intimidate, or shame me by the actions of the US government, no matter who is in office or what they are doing or have done.And I don't want or expect the US govrnment to put me first for anything.

Back