McCain Picks HORRIBLE VP

Dudester, I am so happy you responded the way you did, and in terms that show your personality so well.
Now you have given me a reason to tell my story. You might even think I should resent the US government as much as you (and I could, but I don't).I did not "get mine" the American way. That's actually how I lost it.
Thanks to the tax reform act of 1986 (and the subsequent real estate crash) I lost six apartments, a condo, and two cars (involuntary chapter 7 bankruptcy) and ended up sleeping in a discarded 1973 telephone company van and/or a friend's basement. I shopped in thrift shops in Salt Lake City and schlepped the "collectibles" I bought to San Francisco. I sleep in it just off Lombard near Filmore.In 1992 I drove that van to Illinois and slept in a college friend's garage while working for him as a painter. I bought an '83 van (in '93) and drove to Chicago and did the thrift shop thing there, sleeping on a friends couch (there are no handsome homeless) until I could afford to rent a trashed out retail space to start selling used men's clothes I bought in the Chicago thrift shops. I slept in the back of the store for eight years. I never took food stamps or public aid, though I was eligible.
The used clothing business turned out to be lucrative enough to buy an '88 van (in '98) and move to a small village in Mexico in 2000. A friend of 30 years (who just died of colon cancer) had a real estate biz there and wanted me to help him (while he was dying). I had just enough ($3000) to buy a small lot in the village and I gradually built a house. Sayulita "took off" and I sold the house in 2006 and came to BA with a pocket load of nontaxable (sale of principle residence) dough.In case you didn't already know, the US exempts foreign income of $84,000 from federal income tax. I don't live there and I am not part of the government. If they ever call and ask me what to do with your tax money, I'll tell them to call you instead.P.S. You misrepresented what I said."I don't pay taxes and I don't give a sh*t if you do or don't" is not what I wrote. I wrote that "I don't harbor any resentment about what they do with yours" in response to Lee's post. It's tough for anyone who pays taxes to the US government and sees most of it go to waste. It was tough to lose everything because of a one dollar change in a tax law, but it happened. I don't resent it. What I did about it is what was important, not how I felt. I took responsibility for my own life and the actions necessary to rebuild it. I did not look to the government for help, and I would not have taken it anyway.

"Lee" said:
You seem to have a fondness for VANS. I suppose you think that your story is somehow special...the story I could tell...I will however not BORE others with the details as you have done.Yes, I am aware of the tax laws thank you.

Actually, the two cars I lost in the bankruptcy were a Mercedes and a BMW, but I didn't want to BORE you by name dropping. I left my last van in Mexico. My main fondness is for younger women (Argentina's best asset). Give one a try. You won't be bored. Though I do hope your staying power is longer than your attention span. I hope you find one in your "after tax" price range. Good luck negotiating...unless you are on a leash and can't get out alone.P.S. You're the one who suggested I had to negotiate the price. I'm sorry if you have to pay. Ironically, I use the "Dudester Method" of picking up chicas (never in a bar). Women are attracted by the fact that I have class and manners and never seem bored by my stories. The love the fact that I am an American who chose to live here. Being tall, thin, and handsome doesn't hurt, either,even as I approach geezerhood myself.

Now that's a good story and I have nothing bad to say about it. You were smart and lucky and whatever else BUT.... there's people, many people, in this country that, for one reason or another, can't get out of the gutter. This is true in ALL countries. So either the Government helps them with better schools, some kind of positive outlook about the future, something to get them going OR you get to have a big fat gun pointed at your face or your house/apartment broken into and emptied out.

I am convinced beyond any question what so ever that countries with strong social programs have less crime and anti-social problems than "you are on your own" America. The Countries with the strongest social safety nets are the safest with the highest standard of living - check it out - Lots of Europe, Japan, Canada, etc, etc. I don't believe in that "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" crap anymore because some people are stronger than others emotionally, etc. and everybody is shaped by their life experiences.

Also, I happen to be one of the better off people in this country but I just might be a tragedy or 2 away from falling into a paralyzing depression or breakdown. EVERYBODY has a breaking point - I don't assume everybody is gonna hit the jackpot so these people need some help. America could be a great country but when GREED IS GOOD, MONEY IS GOD, and being filthy rich, having a lot more than anyone would ever need then you have a formula for disaster (and it's happening right now, in front of your face. You can try to fix it - at least by keeping pandering to the super rich McCain out of the White House) or go into denial. The SUPER rich are getting richer and the middle class is disappearing. I give America about another 10 years, maybe 15. It's like the U2 song - "We're ONE but we're not the same/we have to carry each other....... That's the Formula...

I am with you Steve, way to go. Dudester had a nerve hit and the French connection explains a lot. I know a lot of French people and they bitch all the time. Every country has its issues and I also have travelled all over the world so to each his own. You are both (you and Lee) entitled to your opinion and hate the US, I do not care, I just say renounce. You can argue until you are blue about why you think the US sucks but it will never change my attitude so I am not arguing with you. I just say if it is so bad, why not renounce your citizenship and become anything else but American.

See, you butch and moan and complain and blame all of your troubles on America but you cannot seem to break up with her and renounce. You are free to choose and not live in the US or love the US. hate it all you want, but then renounce, break the bonds and never go back. You will not because (after reading your rhetoric) you have no guts.

The empty can is always the loudest.

I do not quarrel with your right to your opinion nor with what you feel, you are entitled, and I will not argue or try to convince you otherwise, just renounce if it is so bad.

At least Lee has some dignity, way to go Lee. I hope one day your wound heals Lee.

hey Lee,

if you renounce and move your assets put of the USA you do not have to pay US taxes and you will no longer be a citizen. Renounce and you have one less excuse to whine.

As for your family, well unless they decide to move, they are stuck but that should not affect you.

Renounce!!!!!!!!
and as for the cheap comments about Steve paying for sex, you are a hypocrite, you say not to talk about people's lives unless you know them so why make that attack on him? DO you know he pays for sex? I think you are also a loudmouth. We are glad you do not represent the majority of expats or Americans living at home.

Renounce!!

dudester,

sign off man, you are not even in BA, go to some French board where anytime the screen goes white you surrender.

oh and dudester,

if it was not for the good old USA saving the French's ass twice, you would be speaking German. How about all of those great people that sacrificed their lives to save the good old pompous French. Such a great country, France is bankrupt for real, they have no money, they cannot take care of their people as you say, it is in so much more trouble than the USA and the pension system is much worse off than social security which is abysmal so what does that tell you.

so Gute Nacht! you almost German speaking loudmouth.

"Also, I happen to be one of the better off people in this country but I just might be a tragedy or 2 away from falling into a paralyzing depression or breakdown. EVERYBODY has a breaking point - I don't assume everybody is gonna hit the jackpot so these people need some help."

This is the kind of thinking the collectivists are relying on to create an ever greater dependency on government. Do you really want the government to be responsible for your physical or mental health care? With what results and at who's expense?
If Obama is elected and "universal health care" is enacted, with 47 million additional individuals demanding their "rights" for health care, some (perhaps many) Americans who can afford to pay will come to Argentina for private health care, while the US government does a predictably worse job with it than they have with medicare.The catch phrase of the welfare state of the late 20th century, "Where's my check?" will become, "Where's my checkup?"
There will be a great deal of waiting for and rationing of health care in the US, but everyone will be equal. Some individuals (like Presidents, Senators, and Congressmen ) will undoubtedly be "more equal" than others. It won't be Orwell's 1984. It will be Animal Farm.
It is argued that 18,000 uninsured Americans die each year for lack of access to health care. More than that many of them will die of infections contracted in hospitals once they are involuntarily insured. Tens of thousand of others who were once insured by quality private health care companies will suffer as well, as they wait their turn for lifesaving tests and treatments that were once readily available to them when they allocated their personal resources by choice.This is where the notion of "equality" and "fairness" leads when "rights" are applied to things and not actions.
See you at Medicus...

Dearest Steve, Look, Listen, and Learn.....you and d*** f*** sound like the same broken record/yapping parrots that are always croaking the same boring, lack-of-knowledge noise. It's just SO TEDIOUS to have to hear again and again and again..... do your own research genius. The World Health Organization has rated France #1 year after year in quality of HEALTH CARE. America comes in at around 38 (but #1 in costs). I've been to Doctors in both places, THERE IS NO DOUBT that the W.H.O. has got it CORRECT. The Doctors in France are great and they know their sh*t (not to mention spend AT LEAST a half hour with you for every visit. In the USA it's like a McDonalds drive thru, only a lot worse) I've been to both, I've EXPERIENCED them first hand many times - have you?. Do you think I'm gonna listen to you and df Clown ??? Think again brainiac...... you 2 low I.Q. parrots are a big waste of time.... I'd rather watch my dog lick his testicles to be honest, bahahahahaha.... Do me a favor, Get Off Of My Cloud cause 2's a crowd - Comprendo ? Chat with df, another petite knowledge, double digit IQ yapping machine......

Back