Media Law

What about people who want to watch Clarin's network? They don't count because they are making the wrong viewing choice?

This shouldhave been passed with some guarantee's around the diversity of opinion for the channels which would follow. if all we have to watch ius pro govt (today & tomorrow) channels, then the media has been weakened.

Its not like Clarin wil dissapear. You can still chose to follow every channel they have, Clarin will exist, Canal 13, Tn, etc, the problem I believe is with Cablevision and the licenses they have in the interior. Clarin will still have a huge power and control a lot of radios and tv channels. I think (not sure on this) that what they re cutting is the Cabel operator thing.

You potentially might get a bargain on Clarin stock if you move quick, price will be artificially deflated below it's value before it makes a little bounce. They have stopped trading the stock locally.

Its not like Clarin wil dissapear. You can still chose to follow every channel they have, Clarin will exist, Canal 13, Tn, etc, the problem I believe is with Cablevision and the licenses they have in the interior. Clarin will still have a huge power and control a lot of radios and tv channels. I think (not sure on this) that what they re cutting is the Cabel operator thing.

I am not sure I really understand what is going to happen, to be honest I don't think anyone does. I foresee a lot more court action ! As usual the main benefactors here will be the lawyers...fee time!

Hola Venezuela....wait for us! We're coming your way too! Thanks Cristina. I can't wait for your Cadena nacionales again.

This has nothing to do with the rights of the citizens, it's all to do with Cristina & her mafia's stranglehold on democracy.

Actually if the people in Formosa or Santiago del Estero get more cable options , than Clarin, who cares the number of votes compared to Buenos Aires Province is infinitesimal....

I see....So most citizens "support the Ley de los Medios", but they are unable to turn the channel by themselves, got it.

Yeah how do you get internet or cable access in most of the country when Grupo Clarín controls most of the markets? The point of corporations is they are anti-competitive and destroy free markets. The role of the state is to ensure free markets, thus the media law. Its so much more complicated than "well just don't buy Clarín".

Just like the Once train crash..there goes the internet services...all to be EFFICIENTLY controlled by the K mafia. GREAT! Moving forward now!

Actually if the people in Formosa or Santiago del Estero get more cable options , than Clarin, who cares the number of votes compared to Buenos Aires Province is infinitesimal....

I didnt know till last year, when my mother bought a house, that in BsAs province there are a lot of Cable operadores, different from Cablevision. I have Cablevision in my home, but my mother has Antina, which does not have any Channel of Grupo Clarin, only Canal 13. Not Tyc, not Volver, not TN, etc, and it has a lot of clients. And its a small - medium size company, sure there are lots of that in the south, in the west, Conurbano is huge.

Ed - do believe private companies should operate in this space and do you believe a govt monopoly should have been protected or not?

Some form of protection for diversity is surely required here and the govt surely cannot be trusted in that respect?

Back