Medialuna Dough?

Stevied

Registered
Probably a strange question for some, but wondering if anyone knows if there is any place you could buy medialuna dough? My wife is in BA for a week, and I thought she might be able to bring some frozen dough back with her - not sure it will stay frozen for the flight, but I think its typically quite cold in the cargo hold where the checked bags are stored. Yes, I suppose I could make it here - but it wouldn't be quite the same (need the healthy lard that I'm sure they use there).

At the website of cocineros argentinos you will find the recipe, my advice is to watch few videos to understand better the process, and if you are looking for medialunas de manteca o de grasa.

Wow, thanks, that's very helpful. Two people pointing me to recipes when I clearly indicated I wanted to buy, not make, medialuna dough. And one useless person asking me "why". Now I see why this board has the reputation it has.....however I'm sure there are some helpful folks out there that can provide me more useful information...such as "nobody sells it"....or "it doesn't freeze very well"...or "yes, you can get it here".

Wow this escalated quickly.
I've never seen it, my only suggestion would see if she can sweet talk a neighborhood panaderia and see if she can buy some uncooked dough from them and freeze that and bring it?

They used to sell Pillsbury dough years ago, not anymore. I don't think you will find it easily unless some bakery sells you some ( which they usually don't do )

They used to sell Pillsbury dough years ago, not anymore. I don't think you will find it easily unless some bakery sells you some ( which they usually don't do )

That's interesting - do you know if the Pillsbury dough was specific for medialunas, or was it their standard crescent roll dough?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Expat Life 7
mmoon Expat Life 42
N Expat Life 11
mmoon Culture 6
N Food and Drink 8
Back