Milk

brocolliandtea

Registered
Ive said this before. I just finished a glass of milk. WHAT do they do to it? Is it tampered with as in China? The food here is rock bottom quality. There is no way to cheapen food, water it down, add chemicals, that they dont like. Just look at the bakeries!

Anyway, do you ever drink a glass of milk? I always did back home. Here I wonder what Im doing to my health. Things are always a bit shady here. Can we trust the milk?

If you are really curious about milk and dairy, La Serenisima has open tours to their plant in Gral Rodriguez, Bs As. There you will see and learn first hand what you are drinking.

brocolliandtea said:
Ive said this before. I just finished a glass of milk. WHAT do they do to it? Is it tampered with as in China? The food here is rock bottom quality. There is no way to cheapen food, water it down, add chemicals, that they dont like. Just look at the bakeries!

Anyway, do you ever drink a glass of milk? I always did back home. Here I wonder what Im doing to my health. Things are always a bit shady here. Can we trust the milk?

Wish I shared your attitude - you must be really skinny by now.

No dieting to stay in shape...! :):):)

Agreed,the milk here tastes nothing like milk and the only thing I can taste is chemicals.Im addicted to peanut butter and jelly and a glass of milk to accompany such a delicacy is mandatory,but the leche here is awful.

Anyone know of a source of good clean milk...besides raiding a dairy farm?

Milk is a product produced by a cow, it will taste very different depending on where the cow lives and the food it eats. Do not always assume that because it tasts different that it is of poorer quality.

I hope you will forgive this anology, but, have any ladies out there breast fed babies and been told not to eat spicy food?

Milk tastes fine to me, a little bit creamier than milk for sale in the UK.

Agree with tangobob - different doesn't imply worse.

I love the milk here in my coffee. Actually wish I could get it in North America. I have found the food in Ba to be excellent and wish I could transport it back with me. And bakeries.....yummy.

I agree some products here are not of good quality and for instance not as good as what many expats are used to, but i´ve lived in many different US cities (never been to Europe but I guess the milk there is also good) and locations and although different, the milk here also tastes really good (i guess i prefer the milk here since it´s what i know and im used to) and i can understand someone from abroad not liking it simply because it tastes different, but to say that is very poor quality and that it seems to be watered down or that you can only taste the quemicals ??? hmmmm, im sorry but this is just plain whinning just for the sake of it, it´s a fixation on the thought that everything here sucks and im sorry my friend but altough is true for many prodcuts milk is not one of them.

And I didnt bring up price. Its now almost exactly what it is back in the high wage city I used to live in. Guess we ALL should be living here on foreign incomes. The prices here when you earn pesos is ridiculous. Expensive county.

But if you all drink glasses of milk and think its fine, then it must just be my palate and lack of trust in Argentines.

you are right there actually, it´s quite expensive for us locals earning pesos altough it´s not impossible to survive :) (it´s just harder) and I believe indeed it just may be your palate and simply you dont like how it tastes (there´s nothing wrong or bad with that). As for the lack of trust on us, im sorry to hear that, i know there´s many things here that are just not right and dont make much sense, believe me, we (unfortunately not all of us, some just prefer to be close minded and assume everthing here is perfect while abroad is not) know them first hand but i Believe if you try to be a bit more open minded you´ll come to realize that not everything here is crap, there´s many good things going on (most likely different from what you know and in some cases even very similar but not necessarily worse or better, just different) then your stay here, however painful may actually and unexpectedly be a bit better...I guess it´s worth the shot :)
Us argies are quiet an odd species, i´ll give you that, but we are not thaaat bad, if you take the time and look really really close you may find some good in us and perhaps even get to understand us (i know it´s hard, im still trying to figure it out myself hehe)

Peace !

-Juan

Back