Money transfer from abroad

normaml

Registered
Hey guys,
I am looking for a way to avoid the high ATM fees. What is the best way to receive money from abroad (US and possibly Europe) these days? Is there a recommended money transfer service?
I am also looking into the option of selling bitcoin. Does anyone here have experience with this?

Thanks!

https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/
Has been published many a time before, but most people on the forum seem to ignore the option in favour of the wicked pleasure of paying the ATM fees and then repeatedly complaining at length here.

RIA doesn't allow you to transfer money to yourself. XOOM is for those with USA accounts.

RIA allows any other person to transfer money to you, if one doesn't have a single person in the home country that one can trust with a couple of grand I'd say ATM fees are not one's biggest problem. and logistics are basic.

Even if you are in Argentina, it is possible to make a RIA transfer from your USA bank account to your Argentine bank account using a VPN that makes it look like you initiated the transfer in the USA.

A US phone number (available on Skype) will also be necessary so RIA can call you to verify the transfer. Required ID's photo of (passport and/or DNI), bank statements (PDF), and the PIP and DDJJ forms can be sent to RIA as email attachments using the same VPN.

Last edited:
Azimo.com there are thirteen pick up points in the city. you just do a switch transfer on line and pick the money up with your passport within an hour. If you register with the code Frankf2 we both get £10 added to account.

I've had great success for years with Argenper. 4% of whatever amount was being sent and never a hassle! The only thing is you have to get someone in the States to make the deposit into their B of A account and then phone it in.

Hey guys,
I am looking for a way to avoid the high ATM fees. What is the best way to receive money from abroad (US and possibly Europe) these days? Is there a recommended money transfer service?
I am also looking into the option of selling bitcoin. Does anyone here have experience with this?

Thanks!

This was exactly my question before we arrived for a two month vacation, so go back on the threads and see the comments. In the end, as Canadian residents, we opted for Western Union who has a direct withdrawal from our accounts with our ScotiaBank. For $999CAD, we pay a $18 CAD fee and it's easy to access money after the transfer from any WU agent here in BsAs. I have to ensure though that the name of the recipient (me!) on the WU transfer matches exactly the names on my passport. I missed my middle name on the transfer which of course is included on my passport, and the Post Office refused to release funds to me, suggesting instead that the WU office at 2109 Armenia would do it, which it did without comment.

Back