Money transfer issue anyone?

In case anyone is still interested, Remitly is now allowing me to request a transfer normally (the rate is 877). I haven't tried MoneyGram, and with a rate of 807 I wouldn't care if it did work. WU is currently 850.

In case anyone is still interested, Remitly is now allowing me to request a transfer normally (the rate is 877). I haven't tried MoneyGram, and with a rate of 807 I wouldn't care if it did work. WU is currently 850.
FYI,…I just checked Xoom, the rate is 895 so that's better than all of the above. I’m a life long Xoom user.

Thanks D.B.! I didn't check Xoom because I've not had an issue lately sending with them. But yes, their rate is now sometimes the best around though the deposit takes a bit longer.

WU works fine for me.

Remitly will NOT allow me to make any transfers to myself or others. Based on what they told me, I don't expect that to change in the near future.

I haven't tried Moneygram since this issue started about a month ago. Their customer service is worthless.

Have you tried Xoom? Often their exchange rate is low, but at this moment it is 905.0104, even higher than WU (902.6200)! ...AND there is no transaction fee, sweetening the pot even more. Xoom and MoreMoney are both owned by PayPal, incidently, and if you have an Argentina-side transfer issue you can call MoreMoney at 5411-4811-5532 to talk to someone.

Wishing you good luck!
I missed this reply! Thanks for the update. I've actually tried Xoom recently, and all the transactions have gone smoothly so far!

I missed this reply! Thanks for the update. I've actually tried Xoom recently, and all the transactions have gone smoothly so far!
Hi! I’ve just installed xoom, but the cobro expresses I went to, all didn’t use/have Xoom. Where do you guys usually go to, to pick up your money?

Sincerely, Tonno

Hi! I’ve just installed xoom, but the cobro expresses I went to, all didn’t use/have Xoom. Where do you guys usually go to, to pick up your money?

Sincerely, Tonno
I used to use MORE some years ago, they have a place on Libertad Street right off Santa Fe. Now I have a local bank account so I just have the transfers directly into my bank. Check the MORE link above, they have a list of all the places in the city you can use.

Last edited:

Sincerely, Tonno
Have you tried using the "partner locations" search function on the Xoom website?

Assuming the locations are up to date, you should be able to find a location near you.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 174911.png
Screenshot 2024-02-14 174935.png

Thanks for the quick reaction guys! And yes I have checked out several places using the map, however in reality a lot of them have never heard of xoom and don’t seem to use it, but thanks for the response and advice!

Thanks for the quick reaction guys! And yes I have checked out several places using the map, however in reality a lot of them have never heard of xoom and don’t seem to use it, but thanks for the response and advice!
The "MORE" website linked above by D.B. Cooper has a WhatsApp link, so maybe you can message them and confirm whether a specific location accepts Xoom.

Just out of curiosity, why Xoom? Western Union seems to have the better rates lately, WU is at 1170 (was 1239 this morning), and Xoom is at 1090.

The "MORE" website linked above by D.B. Cooper has a WhatsApp link, so maybe you can message them and confirm whether a specific location accepts Xoom.

Just out of curiosity, why Xoom? Western Union seems to have the better rates lately, WU is at 1170 (was 1239 this morning), and Xoom is at 1090.
Thanks again for the information and for thinking with me! Yes Western Union has the better exchange rate, but I’m waiting on my verification since I requested an exchange of more than a 1000 dollars.

Ps I just managed to do a xoom transfer at the Cobro between Tucuman 617-633 (it doesn’t have an adress number and is not on google maps) just in case someone has the same problem as me!

Back