Moneygram transfer

Will that have any impact with regards to AFIP?
The funds are from my savings at Bank of America. While I don't really work, I am a Monotribusta categoría D. I had to sign up with AFIP for the purpose of my citizenship only.
It should not. They would ask you for DDJJ of ganancia or something....presumably you already have that?
Or you can just show them your monotributo. They don't dig deep.

It should not. They would ask you for DDJJ of ganancia or something....presumably you already have that?
Or you can just show them your monotributo. They don't dig deep.
I don't have that, do you? I got here on June 20, 2022, so I've been living here for only 4 months. On my citizenship application, I put 30 000 000 ARS of ganancia because they asked. I declared that much because I bought apartments worth that amount already; although I am still owe most of that money (I am paying it in cuotas). I think I should hire tax lawyer so I don't get myself in trouble.

I don't have that, do you? I got here on June 20, 2022, so I've been living here for only 4 months. On my citizenship application, I put 30 000 000 ARS of ganancia because they asked. I declared that much because I bought apartments worth that amount already; although I am still owe most of that money (I am paying it in cuotas). I think I should hire tax lawyer so I don't get myself in trouble.
talk to an accountant. you may not have to pay income tax here (ganancia) but you are definitely on the hook for the tax on bienes personales.

talk to an accountant. you may not have to pay income tax here (ganancia) but you are definitely on the hook for the tax on bienes personales.
Does PR have to pay tax on bienes personales? Like properties abroad? I thought that would be when I actually get the citizenship.

Does PR have to pay tax on bienes personales? Like properties abroad? I thought that would be when I actually get the citizenship.
One has to pay taxes based on tax residence not citizenship. As soon as you spend 6 months 1 day here you become liable for taxes. Now how would the AFIP find out if you have foreign assets abroad is a different story. In your case they won't. However, all assets here in Argentina will be easy to spot.

P.S. For instance if you become an Argentine citizen, and leave the country for more than 1 year you stop being liable for taxes on income and assets abroad. Still have to pay tax on local bienes in Argentina thou, as far as I know, but I am not an accountant. Don't quote me on that.

One has to pay taxes based on tax residence not citizenship. As soon as you spend 6 months 1 day here you become liable for taxes. Now how would the AFIP find out if you have foreign assets abroad is a different story. In your case they won't. However, all assets here in Argentina will be easy to spot.

P.S. For instance if you become an Argentine citizen, and leave the country for more than 1 year you stop being liable for taxes on income and assets abroad. Still have to pay tax on local bienes in Argentina thou, as far as I know, but I am not an accountant. Don't quote me on that.
Thank you for your time. You are right!
Unless you are a US Citizen, you pay tax in the US no matter where you live. That sucks!
PS: I am not from the USA!

If you're an expat U.S. citizen you don't pay U.S. taxes on up to $112,000 earned as an employee. If you're self-employed ithough you're liable for a 15.3% SECA tax (Social Security & Medicare) on your foreign earned income. If you have unearned income (rental income, interest income etc.) you pay U.S. taxes on all of it, ie. there is no exclusion like the $112,000 exclusion on earned income.

Has anyone been able to send any wire to Argentina lately? I've trying for 10 hours but can't even see the rate.

I just tried and I can't see the rate
That's weird. I've been trying for several hours now with no success. We can't rely on these financial institutions. I am looking forward to the day we can just wire money from our Banks in the US to our bank here directly using swift code like we do with other countries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back