Moneygram transfer

Does Moneygram always take 3 business days to deposit? I was hoping the turnaround would be faster after the first few transactions, like on WU.

Does Moneygram always take 3 business days to deposit? I was hoping the turnaround would be faster after the first few transactions, like on WU.
I have only done transfers from debit card to bank account, and I have always received the funds in a little over an hour, day or night.

Hmm, this is a bank transfer and the funds have already been debited. I'll try with a debit card, next time. Thanks!

I have only done transfers from debit card to bank account, and I have always received the funds in a little over an hour, day or night.
Same here, same method. It takes my transfers about 75 minutes to post to my bank account

Same here, debit to debit card a few hours delay, fee $ 1.99.

Came here to thank everyone for sharing their MoneyGram experiences. I signed up Saturday, did a test run of $25 (1,99 fee), and had my money in 65 minutes. I used a US VPN, transferred from my US Wells Fargo account, to my pesos BBVA. Easy Peasy. Also, I have 20% off my next fee for joining the rewards program.
I so appreciate these forums.

don't use VPN w/ MG. they will block your account.
So, the recommended way is to navigate to MG from Argentina without a VPN, or only visit MG from the USA?

If this VPN warning is true for some cases, I doubt this is the case for all VPN setups. One case to remember is the recent news that iPhone and iPad do not immediately switch all traffic to the VPN network after it is turned on. You should research the work arounds to resolve, and always verify your reported IP before navigating to MG. https://9to5mac.com/2022/08/18/ios-vpn-apps/

So, the recommended way is to navigate to MG from Argentina without a VPN, or only visit MG from the USA?

If this VPN warning is true for some cases, I doubt this is the case for all VPN setups. One case to remember is the recent news that iPhone and iPad do not immediately switch all traffic to the VPN network after it is turned on. You should research the work arounds to resolve, and always verify your reported IP before navigating to MG. https://9to5mac.com/2022/08/18/ios-vpn-apps/
Created the account from Argentina, send myself from Argentina. Never had an issue. VPNs are detected very often by the system and automatically block the account.

Just received a US$100 trial transfer from Moneygram via my US Debit card to a Visa Debit Card (caja de ahorros) in Argentina. The fee was $1.99...! The rate is $303 pesos per dollar.
Cash pickup fee is $4.99 . Never seen a line, at the MoneyGram Agency close to me in Recoleta.

The max transfer amount is US$1,300 per transfer. As mentioned yesterday by the MoneyGram agent in, Pueyrredon, Recoleta.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back