Moneygram transfer

I successfully used Moneygram for the first time today and I have to say I'm really impressed. I created an account and sent $250 to a bank account as a test. I even googled for a promo code and found one that waived the $1.99 fee. The money was in the bank account like an hour later - so much better than waiting at least a day or day and a half for WU to show up.

I sent from my US based checking account and Moneygram did ask that I upload a DL or passport in order to complete the transfer. I didn't use a VPN or anything when setting up my account with Moneygram. Hopefully it continues working because it's definitely a good alternative to WU (when doing direct to bank) and the rate was slightly better than WU when I sent the money.

Don't give up yet. Nothing you did was wrong. That happened to me as well this past Tuesday. The following process took about 2 hours, but here's how it went: I went to the help section and clicked chat, asked what the issue was, and after checking, the rep said my account "could not be confirmed," and asked, what is my relationship to the recipient, and the purpose of the transfer? I answered, "myself", and "living expenses". Next, asked "would you mind going through the verification process?" I agreed (did I have a choice?) and then was asked to upload a photo of my passport or other ID, then the rep asked me about 10 personal questions taken from "public records". I was then instructed to reset my pw and log in again. I re-executed the transfer. Success! Transfer arrived in 3 days. Chat people were very polite and professional.

Direct link to get help: https://www.moneygram.com/mgo/us/en/help/contact
Scroll down and you will see a dark blue button that says "chat"
Unfortunately Ive tried talking to about 5 people and they all tell me that I can never use the online service again , but cannot tell me why my transaction was flagged as suspicious. I was never asked for ID when I signed up or sent the transaction and offered to provide whatever they needed but they keep insisting there's nothing I can do. Sad :(

Moneygram has been the go to since tbe wu code stopped. Haven't looked back.
It would definitely become my go to as well, but I don't have my own bank account and my boyfriend has developed a recent paranoia (since he signed up as a monotributo) to receiving a lot of bank transfers into his bank account.

I'm planning to open my own bank account once I have a DNI (been in precaria-land for 6+ months) and when that happens I'll likely say goodbye to WU lines and dealing with cash pickups entirely.

I successfully used Moneygram for the first time today and I have to say I'm really impressed. I created an account and sent $250 to a bank account as a test. I even googled for a promo code and found one that waived the $1.99 fee. The money was in the bank account like an hour later - so much better than waiting at least a day or day and a half for WU to show up.

I sent from my US based checking account and Moneygram did ask that I upload a DL or passport in order to complete the transfer. I didn't use a VPN or anything when setting up my account with Moneygram. Hopefully it continues working because it's definitely a good alternative to WU (when doing direct to bank) and the rate was slightly better than WU when I sent the money.
U were right , deposited into my bank account within 2 hrs.

Hey all, Im happy to report that after 5 people from the general customer service line told me my account was permanently closed and there was nothign I can do, I am now back in and have sent myself a transaction successfully (just waiting for it to hit my argie account).

Essentially I bitched on twitter and tagged moneygram, and their twitter customer service person reviewed my account and gave me the direct line to a US customer support person who was able to unlock my account and update whatever information had been flagged in the system, rather than me dealing with someone on the general customer service line. So if you are locked out too, try complaining on twitter and tagging @moneygram :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back