Monotributo & contract with local employer

Also, it may seem counterintuitive, but if you want a higher credit limit on your credit cards or better banking package you can opt to pay for the higher category even if you make less; the account manager at the bank told me that they take the category in to consideration more than your facturas emitidas.
This is true. I hace met people that did it to get a fancy car in payments, etc. But whatever you do make sure you are in control.

This is good advice, if you don't do it, AFIP will do it for your, and to your detriment possibly, i.e. overcharging you by putting you in a higher category, or undercharging you and then telling you that you need to change categories the next time.

In case anybody is curious, it's been pretty accurate. I'm Category G and they auto recommended I remain as such based on data that Nikad highlighted, while my husband was previously Category B, started working with me in tech post-July 2022, and they right away told him this month he needs to up his category based on the data they have about him, which we did (and were planning to do anyways).

Also, it may seem counterintuitive, but if you want a higher credit limit on your credit cards or better banking package you can opt to pay for the higher category even if you make less; the account manager at the bank told me that they take the category in to consideration more than your facturas emitidas.
Do you think what happens if you don't send invoices (facturas emitidas)? I only enrolled and paid the fees every month, nothing else.

Also, I was reading this morning, based on the rent we pay here, we, expat, should be in the highest categories.

Do you think what happens if you don't send invoices (facturas emitidas)? I only enrolled and paid the fees every month, nothing else.

Also, I was reading this morning, based on the rent we pay here, we, expat, should be in the highest categories.
nothing happens if you don't invoice ( know from personal experience ) if you receive an official factura when you pay rent, you might want to check your numbers, if it is the regular temp rental disregard it.

Official answer: as a monotributista you should be issuing facturas for everything you do; and the ones that exceed $43,010 ARS must include the person's info and CUIT/L.

That being said, if you're working en negro here (or abroad) and are simply wanting to keep AFIP off your back, paying the aportes is probably the most important; I've personally never heard of anyone that paid the aportes and didn't bother to issue the facturas having trouble, only people that received a transferencia in excess of $43,010 and not being in a registered dependency relationship/monotributista/sole proprietor then having their accounts frozen to bring them in compliance with the financial institution's KYC rules.

Again, not an accountant nor a lawyer, but the smart thing to do is ensure that whatever category your registered spending falls in to annually can lines up with the aportes you pay, and to emit facturas whenever possible.

To check what AFIP knows about your spending sign in to your account and then click on the Nuestra Parte tab, it will show you the total money you've spent via debit, credit, and facturas issued to you as a customer. If the amount is more than the category you're paying aportes for, bring it in line so you decrease your chances of having problems later.

Official answer: as a monotributista you should be issuing facturas for everything you do; and the ones that exceed $43,010 ARS must include the person's info and CUIT/L.

That being said, if you're working en negro here (or abroad) and are simply wanting to keep AFIP off your back, paying the aportes is probably the most important; I've personally never heard of anyone that paid the aportes and didn't bother to issue the facturas having trouble, only people that received a transferencia in excess of $43,010 and not being in a registered dependency relationship/monotributista/sole proprietor then having their accounts frozen to bring them in compliance with the financial institution's KYC rules.

Again, not an accountant nor a lawyer, but the smart thing to do is ensure that whatever category your registered spending falls in to annually can lines up with the aportes you pay, and to emit facturas whenever possible.

To check what AFIP knows about your spending sign in to your account and then click on the Nuestra Parte tab, it will show you the total money you've spent via debit, credit, and facturas issued to you as a customer. If the amount is more than the category you're paying aportes for, bring it in line so you decrease your chances of having problems later.
Aaa, good catch. I think I am good, I checked and I've only spent 729 000 Ars in Debit/credit cards in 6 months. I have 4 000 0000 pesos in Plazo Fijo with Santander and have sent more than 10 000 000 in 6 months via Moneygram to my Santander account. Maybe this part will cause problem but so far, Santander hasn't contacted me.

I work in blanco in the Unitied States, I have a regular job but I don't pay tax there as I spent only about 30 days in the USA per calendar year.

Well, I have a few properties in a few countries which AFIP will, of course, never know.
Because of all the money restrictions, once I get my Argentine Citizenship, I think I will consider moving to a border country.

Regarding issuing "Facturas", I don't have any clients. I enrolled in Monotribusta only to meet the requirements of an honest way of living for Citizenship. I have passive incomes and my job in the USA is for work done in a 3rd world country which my assistants do. In reality, I am just sitting here waiting for my Citizenship application to be completed. Other than sending emails, I don't work here.

Back