Monotributo or How else can I open a business company.

MoralesVista

Registered
Hi everyone,

Could not find a relevant post to my question so writing a new topic.

I am currently in the US but I am a non-resident. Company I work for is fine with me going to Argentina, but they want me to have a business entity so they can send my salary to.

From my initial research, I learned I can have monotributo, but I have no clue how to open it without DNI. Also need a U.S. currency bank account, which is also impossible to open without DNI. Is anyone familiar with this process?

Do I have first to legalize and then open the company? Can this be done separately?

Also heard that whenever dollars come in, they get converted to pesos so you lose half. Let alone paying taxes on the income.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi everyone,

Could not find a relevant post to my question so writing a new topic.

I am currently in the US but I am a non-resident. Company I work for is fine with me going to Argentina, but they want me to have a business entity so they can send my salary to.

From my initial research, I learned I can have monotributo, but I have no clue how to open it without DNI. Also need a U.S. currency bank account, which is also impossible to open without DNI. Is anyone familiar with this process?

Do I have first to legalize and then open the company? Can this be done separately?

Also heard that whenever dollars come in, they get converted to pesos so you lose half. Let alone paying taxes on the income.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Please see my comments made on this post

You need a DNI to be able to be a monotributo, and you can only be a monotributo if your earnings are less than 28K a year at the official exchange rate. Of this, you can retain 12K without having to pesify, but there is a proposed law to increase this to 30K USD.

Unless you're an Argentine citizen and haven't mentioned it, how do you plan on getting your DNI? While you might not get deported, you'll still be an undocumented immigrant here, which means no access to the banking system and no monotributo.

If you're not planning on being here a long time I recommend simply getting paid to your account as normal, which is legal provided you're staying here less than a year since your fiscal residency wouldn't change anyways.

Good luck.

Does this fellow have a bank account in the USA?

I know I am very late to this conversation but I thought I would add a couple of things incase someone visits it.
I am married to a Argentine and have my DNI, I pay someone to manage my Monotributo intake and outtake.
I have a couple of video cameras and some sound and lighting gear and occassionally work on or make documentaries but I also rent out my equipment and absolutely need a Monotributo to do that.
What I wanted to add to the convo is that when I transfer money from my bank account in the USA to my Argentine Bank account I "withdraw" that money in Dollars with a very minimal fee, less than 2% I think. That's right, I get fresh, clean 100 dollar bills. One of the hurdles to set this up was I (and anyone else) had to prove that I owned a house in the USA (which I do). I assume proving I owned a house in the USA (with my mortgage documents) also proved I would not be burdening Argentina financially.
Sorry for the lack of details, as I said it's been awhile.

Opening a single shareholders company in Paraguay may be the solution for receiving payments via Swift transferences without having your USD pesified in ARG.

Monotributo is a simplified tax regimen for "personal" use. Its not a company.

Opening a single shareholders company in Paraguay may be the solution for receiving payments via Swift transferences without having your USD pesified in ARG.

Monotributo is a simplified tax regimen for "personal" use. Its not a company.
Why would these payments from your company not be pesified?

Why would these payments from your company not be pesified?
That's a regional alternative if you operate in more than one country. Otherwise, expect your swift incoming transfer being "pesified" (bank approach). You can use fintech alternatives to get a MEP rate. That's another story.

Back