Monthly Book Club Meeting

View attachment 3481View attachment 3481

And look what we get to eat after? Apple pie with a fabulous crust, courtesy of grandma GS Dirtboys recipe!

When I get to visit one of your gatherings, certainly can make the Matcha green teas to go with the Apple pies.!

matcha-Whisk-with-Bowl-and-Tea.jpg

Greetings readers! Just a reminder that the BAExpats monthly Bookclub will be meeting this Wednesday at 7:00 at my apt. in Recoleta. We have been reading Murakami's newest book "Colorless Tsukuru..."
If you have never joined us but are curious please feel free to pm me for details and the address. We read and discuss (in English) a selected book each month. Some haven't read the book but read summaries and come and join in the discussion and comraderie! Our book discussion is followed by a pot luck dinner. This is a group that likes to eat and drink as well as read!
So see you on Wednesday and happy spring!

I will be driving to the book club from San Isidro and have space for 2 more in my car. I travel along Libertador through Acassuso, Martinez, La Lucila, Olivos and Vicente Lopez. If anyone wants to attend the meeting on Wednesday and needs a lift then let me know here on the forum. As Lacoqueta says above, don't worry if you have not read the book, come and enjoy the discussion (and food).

Hi Northerner, yeah I'd love a lift there and back if it's not too much trouble.... I will PM you with specifics to make sure it's convenient for you.

I think 6....5 for sure. please bring a main dish .
Sorry I've been under the weather and not as attentive to the details as normal.thanks!

Happy Spring to all!
The BAexpat book club will be reading "The Orientalist" by Tom Reissas our October selection. The book is a combination of biography, mystery and historical fiction about the coexistence of eastern and western cultures and religions in far Eastern Europe as epitomized through the life of an acclaimed author who's real identity is debated and researched.
Although largely occurring in the first half of the 20th century, the book was recommended by one of our readers because of its timely theme of coexistence among Moslems, Christians and Jews, as well as being a gripping historical mystery. The book received an average rating of four plus stars on Amazon and was published in 2005. If anyone out here has read it please leave a comment! The book will be discussed at our meeting on Wednesday, October 29. Anyone interested in reading and discussion as well as great homemade eating is invited to attend by posting your interest here and I will respond via PM with the address and contact info.

Back