Monthly Book Club Meeting

We had a lovely meeting with lots of interaction followed by the usual great food!but it somehow just wasn't the same without the two of you! We were also joined by some new attendees, and a special shout out and thanks for your participation! And our next book(for June): "The Martian" by Andy Weir. Consistently getting rave reviews from readers and critics. We decided to do something different with this book. Well be the first ones on the block to have read this! Details to come shortly

our June book selection; the newly raved about science fiction by Andy Weir"The Martian" read during June and then come to the meeting the last Wednesday of June and tell us what you think..

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1
Another cover for same book ...!

The+Martian+by+Andy+Weir+2.jpg

oh that cover makes me want to read it even more! (already started actually). Now I can imagine a *hunky* botanist nerd instead of just a botanist nerd. Haha!

Hey all,
We are totally gripped by this months selection and learning how to do a lot of stuff in the process of reading it. Would make any science teacher proud...
I'm not a science person but aside from being a genius, the lead character (and for the most part, the narrator of the story) is quite a personality..full of humor, and from one of the books covers, good looks too...I confess I read the book in five days. Couldn't put it down. Hope you all are enjoying reading it. For those of you NEWCOMERS looking to meet new people, the book club is a fun, cozy, relaxed and delicious (we have a pot luck at the end of the meeting) way to make new friends. By the way we will be celebrating our First Year anniversary at the end of this month! Thanks to all of you who have come, for keeping us alive and growing through our first year!
If you are interested in joining us on Wednesday June 25 at 7:00 PM in Recoleta, just RSVP below with your intended pot luck dinner dish and I'll get back to you with the exact address via PM.

Thank you, I know where to look for the monthly book. I hope I do not have a Body Corporate meeting that day, which is boring stuff. saludos Marit

I'm learning a lot of practical stuff reading this book. Today, the bus broke down on Av. Santa Fe and I fixed the engine using duct tape, a paper towel tube, the waterproof lining out of a jacket, and some hydrazine I had in my book bag. :)

And did you make the hydrazine without the oxygenator in your mochilla or with?

Back