More Control Of International Air Passengers

In the spirit of divulging information and making the government's job easier, perhaps we should all send in stool samples to AFIP so they may analyze exactly what we've been eating abroad and can tax us appropriately for any foreign foods ingested.
That won't be necessary. They will be able to collect sufficient 'sample' from the rubber glove examination at Ezeiza when returning to Argentina.

This is intrusive, but still, flying out of Argentina is a breeze compared to the tarta de sorete served up by the TSA in the US.

Last time I had the pleasure I was offered some sort of test to see if I would react when provoked. The guy said to me "Irish? ...in Argentina?? Man, you got it bad, 2 countries really doin' bad, horrible luck man"

I was gonna point out that he was paid to feel up old women and spend his days in an airport being hated but I didn't find him attractive enough to want his fingers to become intimately familiar with my kidneys. Suffice to say I'll take having the airline email some details of my baggage over some rent-a-cop on a power trip offering up geopolitical truisms mid bollock-grope.

Does this Form apply to Foreigners particularly if purchasing a ticket via Kayak or such with a foreign credit card ????

As far as I understood, it applies to all airlines, no matter where the tickets where purchased.

Has anyone taken the ferry & fly out of Montevideo to USA? Turning all this info over to AFIP has dire consequences. Anyone have concrete solutions?

the good thing is that the airlines do not have to turn this info and much more over to the us government if you fly to/from/via the US ...

CFK and her government seem to be continuing their control of who is arriving and leaving the country

According to this , they now want our Frequent Flier info....

http://www.infobae.c...internacionales

Some of it makes sense but I am sure the AFIP will use the data for their own benefit.
Would someone be kind enough to give a brief, english summation of this article for us ignorant, non castillano speakers. From all of the reactions I'm reading here it seems to be a serious issue.

Thanks, T/

Would someone be kind enough to give a brief, english summation of this article for us ignorant, non castillano speakers. From all of the reactions I'm reading here it seems to be a serious issue.

Thanks, T/

Tom , perhaps you read the thread below...! cheers

http://baexpats.org/topic/31526-more-control-of-international-air-passengers/page__hl__afip

Basically:

Argentina is party to the International Civil Aviation Convention, which requires that passenger information be stored electronically by the "competent government authorities". In its 2008 conference, the ACI resolved that, with the alleged motive of fighting "terrorism and organised crime" airlines must send their Passenger Name Records for all flights to government agencies. So when you travel on just about any international flight anywhere (and now including Argentina), any information you give the airline will be forwarded to the Customs/Migrations Department and from there to other government agencies.

This data (the Passenger Name Record or PNR) includes any information you entered into the website where you bought the ticket, plus other information the airline might have, such as how many bags you checked and how many people were on the flight.

Back