More Control Of International Air Passengers

Basically:

Argentina is party to the International Civil Aviation Convention, which requires that passenger information be stored electronically by the "competent government authorities". In its 2008 conference, the ACI resolved that, with the alleged motive of fighting "terrorism and organised crime" airlines must send their Passenger Name Records for all flights to government agencies. So when you travel just on just about any international flight anywhere (and now including Argentina), any information you give the airline will be forwarded to the Customs/Migrations Department and from there to other government agencies.

This data (the Passenger Name Record or PNR) includes any information you entered into the website where you bought the ticket, plus other information the airline might have, such as how many bags you checked and how many people were on the flight.

The airline must also report to Other Govmt. Offices (AFIP), as to who paid for the ticket, and how it was paid (cash, CC, Points)

And if the flight was paid at the destination IE as a gift?

It's a good point Rich. I too was wondering how many other member states report PNR lists to their tax authorities, and just how Arg law justifies this. Even so, what I personally find worrisome is not AFIP but ministries with vast penal powers such as Seguridad and Migraciones.

Magico/Dublin/ModoM/JohnCougar/Whatever made a good point above comparing it to what goes on in the US. There, I don't care if the IRS has my paltry info, on the other hand Homeland Security or INS are currently making thousands of people's lives miserable with their no-fly lists/illegal detentions/mass deportations, but this is clearly an over-reach not only of the convention but also of the US Constitution.

The airline must also report to Other Govmt. Offices (AFIP), as to who paid for the ticket, and how it was paid (cash, CC, Points)

IF your ticket was paid by a shell corp, in Panama you are in trouble, or a client of yours if you are Public Servant.

This data (the Passenger Name Record or PNR) includes any information you entered into the website where you bought the ticket, plus other information the airline might have, such as how many bags you checked and how many people were on the flight.

The US requests from the airlines:
- date of reservation and ticketing
- planned date of departure
- name of passenger
- information about frequent flyer and bonus accounts and any discounts
- names of other travelers (traveling with he passenger)
- address, phone number
- meal preferences
- other info such as disabilities the passenger might have
- details about the payment
- the complete itinerary
- any changes to the PNR
- name of the travel agency / name of travel agent booking the ticket
- code sharing info of the flights
- status (confirmed, checked in, etc)
- information about luggage
- seat info
- APIS data