Mosquito Invasion

I made the mistake of going for a 30min walk in Pilar Centro just now, in shorts. Those bloody zancudos out here in the boondocks are used to chewing through animal hide for their nourishment, they made short work of me :mad: No spraying or fumigation in evidence either.

This summer it has rained a lot, last few summers it has barely rained.
Do we blame Milei for El Nino?
Well, considering he will probably take the credit for the supposedly record harvest this year he might as well take the hit for the mosquitoes as well.

Can always use espirales repellents.

I'm wonder if they have been FDA approved and areconsidered "safe and effective" when used arround humans, even though their purpose is to kill living creatures with the smoke they emit, even when only used properly (outside). 🤠

I'm wonder if they have been FDA approved and areconsidered "safe and effective" when used arround humans, even though their purpose is to kill living creatures with the smoke they emit, even when only used properly (outside). 🤠
I think it's a case of picking your poison, really. One the one hand you have dengue, zika , and chikungunya, on the other, spirals, RAID, and so on. Palo Santo is pretty unbearable, but maybe other natural remedies like citronella, laurel / bay / eucalyptus bushes, burning coffee grounds and so on would help. I imagine you're happy to be down south at the moment.

The ones that have been eating me alive don’t have white stripes on their legs so don’t have dengue, Zika or Malaria apparently.

The ones that have been eating me alive don’t have white stripes on their legs so don’t have dengue, Zika or Malaria apparently.
we were going to celebrate NYE with a bbq, pool, etc but we chickened out because of the damn mosquitoes as some of the kids are allergic to their bites.

Here where I am in Palermo, they aren't here, at least not in large numbers...... I have not been bothered by them. However, they could arrive soon. One never knows.

I made the mistake of going for a 30min walk in Pilar Centro just now, in shorts. Those bloody zancudos out here in the boondocks are used to chewing through animal hide for their nourishment, they made short work of me :mad: No spraying or fumigation in evidence either.

I'm diligent about spraying exposed skin before I head outside, but the little bloodsuckers changed tactics and started biting me right through my clothing.

I'm 90% annoyed, 10% impressed they could do that. Guess I'm still an easier target than the 4 legged types.

Back