Most cabify drivers don’t accept my ride requests.

I'm also seeing this become increasingly an issue with Rapi delivery guys too. All this month I've been getting "pickup only" messages when trying to order, so I took a look at their Twitter, lots of angry people complaining of the same thing, all around CABA and GBA, including verified accounts.

I feel bad for the drivers as they're paid poorly, and Rappi targets immigrants, something I always assumed since most were Colombian/Venezuelan/Peruvian/Bolivian people based on their accents, and even I received their ads as I was Googling precarious residency certificate while waiting for my DNI to come, and a Rappi ad on facebook said I could start working for them with one. Nobody wants to do such a thankless job, especially when they get robbed, hit by cars, or rained on and I don't blame them.
Rappi has disimproved enormously, and quite quickly, within the last 2 months or so. As you say, pickup only is the new normal, and if delivery is possible, you might well find the label that the delivery is with the restaurant's own riders, so Rappi washes its hands of any delays and problems at that point. Add that to a useless complaints process and Rappi is quickly becoming unusable. I don't see any good alternatives, though, Glovo and Pedidosya distinguished themselves by libel and fraud, in my experience.

I haven't had any issues at all with rappi delivery. maybe because I add 200 pesos tip in at the start :)

Is Cabify the recommended cab app here? If you link your credit card or Paypal will it charge you the blue rate, and will there be foreign transaction fee?

blue rate? lol no...

the fee depends on your own CC. many don't charge foreign transaction fees these days.

Is Cabify the recommended cab app here? If you link your credit card or Paypal will it charge you the blue rate, and will there be foreign transaction fee?
Of course you won't be charged the blue rate, you never will be charged the blue rate when using a foreign card, and the transaction fees are up to your card network (Visa, mastercard, amex etc.)

blue rate? lol no...

the fee depends on your own CC. many don't charge foreign transaction fees these days.
Of course you won't be charged the blue rate, you never will be charged the blue rate when using a foreign card, and the transaction fees are up to your card network (Visa, mastercard, amex etc.)

That’s not good, right? So using these apps and linking your Paypal or Credit card with them to pay that way costs much more than paying in cash, because you’ll pay the official rate? I don’t understand this, because my understanding was that sites like Airbnb where you have linked your credit card are priced in USD and you’re not being charged an exchange rate or official dollar rate, so why should this be different?

That’s not good, right? So using these apps and linking your Paypal or Credit card with them to pay that way costs much more than paying in cash, because you’ll pay the official rate? I don’t understand this, because my understanding was that sites like Airbnb where you have linked your credit card are priced in USD and you’re not being charged an exchange rate or official dollar rate, so why should this be different?
If your goal is getting the best deal than no, it's never good to use your foreign card in Argentina, or to exchange USD for ARS at any official currency exchange. To get the blue rate, you have to exchange it either through someone you know who is willing to buy your dollars, you can go to Calle Florida and look for the "cuevas" who will give you a good rate (I'm not recommending this unless you are a handy traveler) and your third option is to use WesternUnion, not sure if you can without DNI though.
AirBnb and property rental/hotel companies can be paid for from a different country, unlike ride services.

Cost of fare is converted to dollars at the official rate plus a charge for a foreign transaction on the US card

You'll never get blue rate on a y thing involving a credit card. This is a reality you need to accept.

You need to carry cash. Even if you don't like it. It sucks but that's how it is here.

Experience using Remis vs Cabify vs Yellow Cab? I want to reserve a ride and pay in pesos.

Back