Most Comfortable Flight To Europe?

BankNote

Registered
Guys, I have to fly to Europe soon ( economy of course). Unfortunately, I am not able to determine the best option to fly between LHR and EZE.

LAN has no flight to Europe except via SCL, going backwords first. I just detest TAM.

I do not want to go to Europe via North America!

which one would you take? Lufthansa, Alitalia, Iberia, BA based on comfort than on costs? or any other

Thank you

BA do a daily flight at around lunchtime: BA244 EZE -> LHR. It's a long trip (around 13 hrs), but it's the easiest option as it's direct.
Iberia also do a direct flight to Madrid (the number of which escapes me at the moment), or, at slightly higher cost, Air France to a direct flight to CDG.

While not the biggest fan of British Airways, I fly that route several time a year via LHR to Prague
It's not a bad flight better by far than Iberia Alitalia or the dreaded A word...Aerolineas! :mad: They are the worst!
Its long 13hrs+ but they all are long..Once you get to LHR thats another story!
Buen Viaje

My experience on long haul flights to/from Argentina/Europe.

December 2013 - Alitalia (Rome-EZE) - seating was very short, I am not that tall (176 cm) but my knees touched the seating in front of me even when I was seated upright. However they provide you with your own screen with movies (even with subs), TV shows, music and games.

May 2014 - Iberia (MAD-EZE) - seating was comfortable, another story compared to Alitalia. However there is no individual screen, just a TV hanging from the top, no subs, one movie you can't choose. If you do have a tablet, then you would do just fine. Food was a little scarce compared to Alitalia, but quality was acceptable. They both have an open bar with soft drinks in the back of the plane.

I'd vote for BA because it was the best I took on long haul (albeit to the US and not Argentina) and takes you directly to LHR. Good luck!
I also suggest you to try adioso.com for price comparison if you have some flexibility on your travel dates. It allows for broader searches such as "in the next 6 months for a 3 weeks-long trip".

Guys, I have to fly to Europe soon ( economy of course). Unfortunately, I am not able to determine the best option to fly between LHR and EZE.

LAN has no flight to Europe except via SCL, going backwords first. I just detest TAM.

I do not want to go to Europe via North America!

which one would you take? Lufthansa, Alitalia, Iberia, BA based on comfort than on costs? or any other

Thank you

I have flown from Santiago with Iberia (via Madrid) and TAM (via Sao Paulo). The Iberia seats were the most uncomfortable seats I have experience on a transatlantic flight. There was absolutely no space to move the legs a little. Also the flight attendants from Iberia were rather unfriendly. I have never flown Lufthansa from Buenos Aires - only from North America but found the seats comfortable enough and the service ok.

Everyone has a different notion of comfort. For some the priority is on seat space, for others the entertainment system and for ceviche the look of the stewardess. Also, even though there are tendencies regarding the "comfort level" of each airline, one major factor is the actual plane type that is used as well as the seat you get.

I`ve flown with BA, Tam, Alitalia, Iberia and Aerolinas to LHR. Have to say BA and TAM are by far my favourites probably flown 6-7 times with both, not sure why you dont like TAM. Only downside to TAM was going via sao paulo and I despise that airport, its like some kind of twighlight zone of perpetual boredom and theres no escape until that gate opens.
Alitalia and Iberia never again, and Aerolinas was like flying in some antique 747 and you can only stomach so many ham and cheese sandwiches in one flight.
If it was for me BA everytime, you just pay a bit more for it.

I`ve flown with BA, Tam, Alitalia, Iberia and Aerolinas to LHR. Have to say BA and TAM are by far my favourites probably flown 6-7 times with both, not sure why you dont like TAM. Only downside to TAM was going via sao paulo and I despise that airport, its like some kind of twighlight zone of perpetual boredom and theres no escape until that gate opens.

TAM plays all kind of tricks not to allow for a online check-in. It seems to me, they want to see your face before you check-in and not just arrive at the boarding gate. The Sao Paolo airport is one helluva nasty airport. And TAM tries that gimmick of selling the exit row seats or any other nice seat in the Economy area, at 100 pounds or something. And not allowing a luck of the draw. Find that absurd.

Back