Motochorro Caught In Recoleta ... Gets A Beating !!!

Normally I would be disturbed by violent acts of vigilante justice, but you know what? In this case, I'm not. Thanks to the complete f****ing failure of BA's law enforcement system, these guys live as if they are untouchable. They do what they want, when they want, to whom they want, because they know perfectly well that they will never be prosecuted. The people of BA are essentially on their own, so if a little mob violence is what it takes to deter a motochorro or two, so be it.

I have no problem with using the necessary force to detain him, but beating up someone who has no chance of getting away is irresponsible at best.
Come on. Have you ever had the pleasure of catching one of these bastards in the act and beating the shit out of them? Once in while you get to even out the feild for the other 5 you did not catch. And it feels good!

lol, I quite enjoyed watching the video. I remember when I first came to Argentina from England back in early 2012 and my gf at the time came to visit. We were standing at the corner of Pellegrini y Av Córdoa and I was using her new iphone 4s to reserve a table at a restaurant. Before I could complete the call, a guy on a motorbike rode by and grabbed the phone! Funny thing though, is that there was a police officer standing a few steps behind us having a fag. After a good few minutes, he called for help and a police vehicle came along. We were both taken to a nearby police station and both police officers in the vehicle were all smoking and chatting away! lol
#customerservice101

I totally understand them beating this guy, I probably would have done the same.

But just one thought. If the public then turn to this kind of [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]vigilante justice, won't that just mean the motochorros will just get more violent in response. If their expecting pepper spray won't they just bring a gun? [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I mean who turns up to a gun fight with pepper spray?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]​At the end of the day the only real answere is to have a decent justice system.[/background]

I have two friends who were robbed on Avenida Alvear by a motochorro. Poor thing lost his Rolex. He was told by his hotel that it's perfectly safe in Recoleta.

The victim of the theft was an older Argentine man and when he caught up the thief said to him "tomá la plata" and gave the guy his money back (It looked like about 400 pesos) hoping we would let him go afterwards. More people arrived and began kicking him. Someone brought a big metal hammer and whacked him several times in the spine as he was being held down. ...I'm not saying I hit the guy but if I had wouldn't feel bad about it. I don't feel bad about him being beaten.

Come on, what if he'd ended up in a wheelchair? For petty theft. Why not just cut off his hand like the old days?

Come on. Have you ever had the pleasure of catching one of these bastards in the act and beating the shit out of them? Once in while you get to even out the feild for the other 5 you did not catch. And it feels good!

Yes, hurting people is great fun. Collective punishment is also good. How about this weekend we get a posse together and string up a few likely looking thieves as a deterrent while we're at it.

Given that we're breaking spines for a bit of petty theft, what's your recommendation for the bankers responsible for Libor? As I understand it, they've fleeced the UK and US governments of at least 80 billion.

Come on, what if he'd ended up in a wheelchair? For petty theft. Why not just cut off his hand like the old days?

Yes, hurting people is great fun. Collective punishment is also good. How about this weekend we get a posse together and string up a few likely looking thieves as a deterrent while we're at it.

Given that we're breaking spines for a bit of petty theft, what's your recommendation for the bankers responsible for Libor? As I understand it, they've fleeced the UK and US governments of at least 80 billion.

What a great idea !! It would work great !! That will show those petty criminals. They may think first before robbing someone else.

Remember that poster who got beaten up by porteños out for vigilante justice after he got in a car accident that wasn't his fault? I can't remember his user name or the exact details of the story. He used to talk about his Paraguayan wife a lot and his posts were usually really long. Someone out there will know who I'm talking about. Anyway, this post immediately made me think of that memorable post. Vigilante justice when it is needed is one thing, mob mentalities are another. Part of me wants to cheer, part of me thinks, hmmm.....Especially that example of hitting someone in the spine with a hammer. That's just excessive. But people are fed up so I can't blame them for wanting to take matters into their own hands.

I recall a story about a retired ex policeman who was out walking with his wife. She stepped into the street to cross , and a collectivo ran the red light , hit her and killed her on the spot. The ex policeman , who was still allowed to carry his gun , promptly went onto the bus and shot the driver right between the eyes.

Now that is justice.

Back