Moving In Sept! Any Advice?

I talked to a friend who is musician, and has a very hippie life. He earns 5 thousands pesos, lives with his girlfriend in an appartment they own in Lugano, so they dont pay rent.
The two of them, I repeat, with a hippie way of life, spends 2,000 pesos per month. And they own an old car that demands lot of gas, and they travel from Lugano to Pilar at least twice a week.
Please, what is "a hippie way of life"?
Nancy

Thanks Steve!

Do you happen to know the rules surrounding the student Visa process? I know you need a 'inscripcion electronica' to prove you are enrolled - but how do they determine if it's an eligible college or institute, and what constitutes 'full-time'? I've also heard it's common to enroll at UBA (which would be free) just for the purposes of the Visa, and not actually attend classes. Is this actually possible? I would think the government would have some control over this?

You're welcome. If you click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass (near the top of this page) and enter the words "student" and "visa" in an advanced search you will ind more info on the subject of the student visa process as well as the average jail time given to those who enroll at UBA for the purpose of getting a student visa and don't attend classes.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"a hippie way of life" in Argentina, I think of people that do not care much about anything going in their surrounding and loving to smoke the "good stuff" all the time ! ha,ha,haa..[/background]

I think here a hippie way of life, or bohemian as the Argentines call it, is just an excise to not work. There are no more authentic hippies. Vietnam War ended, the Black Panthers no longer exist, and the civil rights and women's rights movement passed. So what are these neo hippies trying accomplish or change or improve?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"a hippie way of life" in Argentina, I think of people that do not care much about anything going in their surrounding and loving to smoke the "good stuff" all the time ! ha,ha,haa..[/background]

I think here a hippie way of life, or bohemian as the Argentines call it, is just an excuse to not work. There are no more authentic hippies. Vietnam War ended, the Black Panthers no longer exist, and the civil rights and women's rights movement passed. So what are these neo hippies trying accomplish or change or improve?

Please, what is "a hippie way of life"?
Nancy

a hippie way of life is not caring of material things in general, or luxury stuff, eating nothing fancy, like fideos con tuco, or something easy to cook, never on a restaurant, never having extra expenses, just living for the moment, like no planification on anything, like realising you have to eat at 8 o clock so you ll cook something.
Living hippie is living with 2 pesos, walking in stead of using public transport, or using bike, avoid huge expenses....

You can live well with 1000 pesos per person if you dont have ambitions, or you dont like to please yourself very much, or dont care eating out and stuff like that. Hippie.

a hippie way of life is not caring of material things in general, or luxury stuff, eating nothing fancy, like fideos con tuco, or something easy to cook, never on a restaurant, never having extra expenses, just living for the moment, like no planification on anything, like realising you have to eat at 8 o clock so you ll cook something.
Living hippie is living with 2 pesos, walking in stead of using public transport, or using bike, avoid huge expenses....

You can live well with 1000 pesos per person if you dont have ambitions, or you dont like to please yourself very much, or dont care eating out and stuff like that. Hippie.
Matiasba, experince talks !

It's living with two pesos because anything better would require work and effort.

My medical plan costs 2359 ARS a month. Not far that your is going to cost just 450 ARS!

Wow, you must have the full "plastic surgery at your option" medical plan for that price. Mine costs me about 600 pesos with Medicus, includes dentistry, and so far the treatment I have received has been top quality. Doctors excellent, facilities excellent, diagnostics so thorough that they even sent me for an MRI for my ankle problem, something for which I would have had to pay a fortune or wait years for in the UK. I took it out through some expat group scheme and even my Argentine girlfriend has changed to it as her's was twice the price.

Back