Moving to Bahia Blanca

Hello All, my great grandfather, William Dougan from New Luce, Wigtownshire, Scotland, moved to Bahia Blanca in the late 1800's and never returned. I am trying to find out if he has any surviving family there. I have emailed the mayor's office, a radio station, and even a Mormon church (all in Spanish), as the latter are big on genealogy, but no one has replied to me. I have pretty much run out of options and travelling to Argentina is currently not possible due to the current pandemic. Any suggestions?

There is an Anglican church in Bahia Blanca. They would be much more likely to help than the Mormons. Also you might try the ABCC - an Anglo-Argentine organization in Buenos Aires. ABCC: Argentine British Community Council. I think they are your best bet and they speak English.

Hello All, my great grandfather, William Dougan from New Luce, Wigtownshire, Scotland, moved to Bahia Blanca in the late 1800's and never returned. I am trying to find out if he has any surviving family there. I have emailed the mayor's office, a radio station, and even a Mormon church (all in Spanish), as the latter are big on genealogy, but no one has replied to me. I have pretty much run out of options and travelling to Argentina is currently not possible due to the current pandemic. Any suggestions?
It used to be the case that Mormon churches were the places to go for genealogical studies but these days they have moved it all on line at familysearch.org It is a worldwide service and as far as I can see, without actually going on the site myself, Argentina is well represented there. Maybe worth a look?

Back