Need An In-Home Dog Sitter, Interested In Earning Some $$$?

tesstafarian

Registered
Fellow Dog Lovers,

I am returning to the U.S. the 2nd week of July and "The Little Germans" are in need of an attentive dog sitter. Our Miniature Dachshunds are 6 and 2 years old, 10 and 12 lbs, respectively, and absolute rock stars (I may be slightly biased on this last point). I'm looking for someone that can take them into their home and treat them like family while I am gone.

PROS:
  • well-behaved
  • kennel trained (although we don't have one here)
  • potty trained
  • strong sleepers (they'll sleep in until 11am every morning if you let them)
  • get along with other dogs
  • good with children
  • flea-free and regularly bathed (not something I would normally include, but given some dogs I've come in contact with here...)
CONS:
  • they aren't "set it and forget it" dogs as they enjoy interaction, are really into cuddling (comes with the breed) and prefer a warm lap over a dog bed in the corner
  • one has food allergies and can't eat people food/other dog food
  • they prefer to sleep in bed with you (comes with the breed, see above about sleeping in until 11am)
  • one is really into tennis balls (although if you're a tennis pro you may put this in the PROS section)
We leave Monday July 8th and return Tuesday July 16th. If you are interested please reply or message me directly. Thank you!

Attachments

• 155 small.jpg
    155 small.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 50
Hi,

Did you end up finding a place for your little guys? I'm going to the US literally the same week and am looking for a place for my cocker spaniel puppy. I normally use Dogs on Holidays but they're mostly outside there and I'm thinking it will be too chilly this time of year. Let me know if you came accross any good options...

Also I think there was talk on another post of meeting up in the park with the pups. I would love to do that at some point - I live in Palermo close to Gardines Japones, etc. if anyone is in that area!

Meri

Hello,
I would be very interested if you haven't already found a dog sitter. I'll PM you now for details.

Hi!

My name is Liz, and I would be more than happy to take care of your dachshunds while you are away.
I grew up in Maine with a miniature dachshund, and I am a huge fan of these little pups!
I live near the Bosques de Palermo, and I work from home so I could take them for frequent walks around the lake.
I live with my partner who is also a big dog lover, and we would both be very happy to dog sit free of charge. Please email me at [email protected], and we could arrange to meet before you leave.
(Sorry I couldn't send you a private message because the forum wouldn't let me)

Take care!

Liz

Back