Need Mri/cat Scan, Immediately

We took her to Otamendi on Saturday night when the symptoms were really bad. She had to pay 10,000 pesos for a deposit and then paid $800 USD (on a Canadian credit card) for the tests. The doctors did not even think that she was suffering any kind of neurological disorder, despite the fact that she was slurring and could barely stand, almost fainting, pupils were dilated, etc.

Instead, they assumed that she was intoxicated somehow, possibly drugged. So they tested her for cocaine, among other things. A $200 USD test, by the way, that was probably unnecessary considering she is not a cokehead nor did she have the symptoms of suffering a cocaine induced overdose.

The doctor's also hypothesized that she had been drugged at the Friday afternoon milonga at Confiteria Ideal. We tried to explain that the milonga is like a senior citizen's convention and that it was highly unlikely that an 80 year old milonguero would be interested in spiking her drink…

She is now at Hospital Italiano. Thank you for all of your help!

Holy shit, that's expensive. Hopefully she will get the help she needs where she is now. I know what it's like to go to the guardia late at night and have them assume you're on drugs. I'm sure they see people who have overdosed on a variety of substances all the time, so I sort of can't blame them for suspecting such a thing. They didn't force me to waste my time doing a drug test, though. Yikes.

My recommendations for good ERs would be Clínica Bazterrica and the Instituto Argentino de Diagnóstico y Tratamiento. I've had good experiences at both. (Well, as good as an ER experience can be.)

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Instituto Argentino de Diagnóstico y Tratamiento rocks![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]i am not a fan of hospital aleman or hospital Italiano. too long ques for everything. doctors look overworked[/background]

We took her to Otamendi on Saturday night when the symptoms were really bad. She had to pay 10,000 pesos for a deposit and then paid $800 USD (on a Canadian credit card) for the tests. The doctors did not even think that she was suffering any kind of neurological disorder, despite the fact that she was slurring and could barely stand, almost fainting, pupils were dilated, etc.

Instead, they assumed that she was intoxicated somehow, possibly drugged. So they tested her for cocaine, among other things. A $200 USD test, by the way, that was probably unnecessary considering she is not a cokehead nor did she have the symptoms of suffering a cocaine induced overdose.

The doctor's also hypothesized that she had been drugged at the Friday afternoon milonga at Confiteria Ideal. We tried to explain that the milonga is like a senior citizen's convention and that it was highly unlikely that an 80 year old milonguero would be interested in spiking her drink…

She is now at Hospital Italiano. Thank you for all of your help!

So did the symptoms go away ???. What was the cause?
I thought about the drug O.D. also,... the white power stuff.
I didn't want to say anything since I don't know either of you.
Keep us posted on her recovery.

If this is the same woman that rented the apartment in the BAexpat Gone Wild, I'd be suspicious too.

Maybe drink spiked with Ayahuasca..!

Back