Need to have an important document mailed to me in Argentina. How reliable is postal service here?

Fiscal

Registered
I've sent xmas cards and other basic stuff from US to Argentina without problems...but always to my in-laws in their small town. How reliable is the postal service here if I have something sent to me in BA or Rosario?

Correo Argentino it's a gamble ... best option is regular mail, can take twenty days or more . Registered mail will be lost forever...:rolleyes:

Correo Argentino it's a gamble ... best option is regular mail, can take twenty days or more . Registered mail will be lost forever...:rolleyes:

Eh? Why would registered mail be less secure? Anyway, If the documents are important they must go by private courier service such as Fedex.

Incoming mail to argentina is good.

outgoing is a gamble. it gets delivered but can take months.

You have to have it sent Cerified First Class Mail with Track & Trace number. I do a little bit of Ebay from here & I've never lost a package. You can track the items by the Correo Argentino web cite.

I always get mail from Europe and the US without any problem, without registration or certification (just regular air mail), important documents too.

Speaking of Fedex... I have a fitbit charge 3 device which crapped itself. Fitbit are sending me a replacement from the USA using FEDEX. They said they didn't expect any import fees (no idea why?) but if I did have to pay they would re-emburse me. Will the watch get stopped at customs or because they are using Fedex it works differnetly? Am I better off adding it to the new e-system in case it gets stopped and I have to pay for the import fees? If so what value do I declare considering it is a warranty replacement?

Back